Psychobike banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
How are you planning on adding timing? Are you planning to use nitrous? Is the motor stock? Do you know how to detect detonation once the timing changes are made? What are your goals? Looking for ET or MPH? Club rider?

·
Registered
696 Posts
this is one of those topics thats kinda touch and go. Reason i say that is cause ive heard tuners say dont waste your money on timing with stock motors cause it doesnt do anything. oddly enough i have a PCV and ignition controller on my 2010 zx14 and it did pick up 2HP with a 2degree adjustment. on my 2012 it didnt do a damn thing.
me personally i would waste the time with it. buy a data logger instead or some other go fast goodies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How are you planning on adding timing? Are you planning to use nitrous? Is the motor stock? Do you know how to detect detonation once the timing changes are made? What are your goals? Looking for ET or MPH? Club rider?
No nitrous, stock motor. Has a Muzzys m10 Full exhaust, power commander 3, and secondary flies removed, Aldo running in 93 octane pump gas. Looking for better times and mph, it has gone 9.36 with 1.51 6o ft. At 144 and I'm 220 suited. I have done 1.46 but bike was running lean. Taking it back to the track on Wednesday to look for those 1.4 60 ft.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll second the "Send the ecu to Johnnycheese" and the thing will fly. He did the ecu on my 07 ZX14 and gave me a base line map. I'm at 65" also with a Muzzy m10 with the m14 head pipe and on 89 ethanol free pump gas I've run a best of [email protected] 17/47 gearing 1.45 best 60ft but I am 175-180 suited pending how much deserts I've been eating! Good luck and you won't regret money spent with Johnnycheese!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, I removed the timing advancer and went back to the dyno and it went from 171hp and 100tq to 178hp and 105tq, then i did a map with mr12 and it put out 188hp and 109tq. goig to the track tomorrow to test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts