Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got my wheels in today and we have started teh project of putting 10 wheels on my 14.

Here is what I have so far --

I am going to run a 06-07 zx10 wheels.

The front was easy -- pretty much a direct swap -- zx14 axle, spacers, and brake rotor.

The front setup with 1 brake rotor no spacers or axle.

ZX14 - 14.8 lbs
ZX10--12.8 lbs

The rear wheel is a bit tougher -- so far we have the bearings converted but are working on crush tube and other spacers -- then we will tackle the brakes.

The wheels with rotor and sprocket carrier -- no sprocket no outside spacers

ZX14 22lbs
ZX10 17lbs

So total loss so far is 7lbs.

we will be building a kit to do this conversion so stay tuned.

·
Registered
772 Posts
idk if this helps you but I did this to my 14, I got a sprocket carrier off a zx6r w inner spacer, you can use the front bearings to fit the stock rear axle, made 2mm thick spacers to bump the bearings out to the right dimensions as the stock ones and lengthened the center spacer by 4mm and appropriately 25mm instead of 20

·
Registered
260 Posts
$1000 to $3000 less than those aftermarket wheels, depending how much you pay for the donor zx10 parts.

Its a no brainer IMO.
Good work OSR!

·
Registered
94 Posts
FYI The front directly swaps out with 06~10 zx 10 & 04~05 ARE DIFFERENT! The bearings & axle on the 04~05 zx 10 are smaller than the 06~10.:beer:

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have the rear bearings and spacers done -- just playing with teh brake setup. Hoping to have it figured out this week or next just depending on when parts show up.

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man we have just been swamped with motor work and haven't touched them -- i will do my best to get on them this week -- i think all we have to do is modify the hanger and we ar done -- just need some time. Had a baby last week and had to take some time off but will be back at it full force next week.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats on the newest addition to the family! Sorry I failed to mention it during our last conversation.

TR

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys-- yes all is well -- took a little time off to be with mom and baby --- bac kto work Monday though

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok we have it finished !

No price yet but we are getting that figured up now --

Basically we used 2006-07 ZX10 Front and Rear WHeels

STock 14 Front brake rotor

Rear Brakes are from the ZX10 -- You will need the zx10 rear wheel, rotor, sprocket carrier, brake hanger and caliper

Then our kit will include an exchange or outright buy on a rear hanger that we modify plus all the bearings and spacers to make it work.

I will have a price later today / tomorrow. We will start producing kits next week.

·
Registered
772 Posts
u used the zx10 sprocket carrier? nice work btw

ohh I have a spair zx10 hanger and caliper if anyone wants it for this mod pm me

·
Banned
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks -- yes we used the 10 sprocket carrier-- votex sells teh 530 conversion zx10 sprockets --- if not its the same as teh zx12

1 - 20 of 40 Posts