Psychobike banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been having a problem with my 04gsxr 1000. At first i would give it wide open throttle it would hit 8500-11k and it would start bogging out. Last night I went riding and on my way home it wouldn't go over 5000 rpms so I stopped and topped off on gas after I did that I couldn't ride the bike at all. It would idle as soon as I give it gas it pop and bog out and shut off. Idles fine it was idling then shut off with out touching it. Bike has a pcv I changed maps, took the pcv out completely, changed the spark plugs, there are no codes. What could it be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok put a new fuel pump in it and now it was fine for 80 miles and the oil light started coming on. Then started doing the same thing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
man we cant fix it over the internet, i suggest taking it too a good shop before wasting too much money throwing parts at it...

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Ok put a new fuel pump in it and now it was fine for 80 miles and the oil light started coming on. Then started doing the same thing.
was it a brand new pump or a used pump from another bike? also, make sure that the tank is not vapor locking on you. open the gas cap and ride it around with the cap open to be sure it's not a tank venting issue..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts