Psychobike banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Schnitz Pro Series 2 and would like to know if there is an inexpensive ignition trigger to install on a 2002 Hayabusa so I can get it to work.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
there are probably hundreds of pro series 2 ignitions installed on busa engines. once installed, the ignition really doesn't know what motor it is installed on. they are dated, no doubt, but still a great piece if you already have one. with the firestorm on the market, i wouldn't think about buying a new pro series if i wanted carburetors. the firestorm can use the factory ignition trigger from your 2002 busa engine. the pro series will need an aftermarket pickup installed, or you can buy the trigger conversion box from schnitz.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why do you want to use that on yur busa
I have one and also use the old Shnitz Top Gas 4 on my Fat tire GS with pretty good results on just a 100 shot. So I would like to eliminate all my extra electronic controllers on the Busa. Any suggestions would be helpful. Still want to have auto shift, etc.without too many boxes stuck in my tail and all over. I'm setting the bike up to run in our KOTS series.. Wanting to run high 7's safely on my 1441 full dressed bike

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what all do you have on the bike? what do you want to control?
I want to control my timing with progressive Nitrous (150 wet fogger kit) and have 2 step, auto shift. I have an NOS mini for 2 stages, MPS auto box, timing control through dynojet which I don't really like so far. I have a Wego 3 to monitor AFR. Just want to make adjustments simple and compact. Should I be using the computer for more? Gen 1

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I want to control my timing with progressive Nitrous (150 wet fogger kit) and have 2 step, auto shift. I have an NOS mini for 2 stages, MPS auto box, timing control through dynojet which I don't really like so far. I have a Wego 3 to monitor AFR. Just want to make adjustments simple and compact. Should I be using the computer for more? Gen 1
your pro series will do all that, except control the second stage. a firestorm will do everything, as well as log AFR from your wego.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a pro series 2 on my fuel injection hayabusa and didnt use a expensive trigger I use a pickup adapter that is sold buy schnitz that pickup your signal off your stock crank trigger that to goes to pro series 2 I no the firestorm is great but I have had great luck with ps2. So no for that aftermarket cover and trigger I was shock when I found out the adapter cost like $60.00 and works flawless. Hope this help, call schnitz and ask for kevin he will help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a pro series 2 on my fuel injection hayabusa and didnt use a expensive trigger I use a pickup adapter that is sold buy schnitz that pickup your signal off your stock crank trigger that to goes to pro series 2 I no the firestorm is great but I have had great luck with ps2. So no for that aftermarket cover and trigger I was shock when I found out the adapter cost like $60.00 and works flawless. Hope this help, call schnitz and ask for kevin he will help.
Thanks:) thats the answer I was looking for. Just saved this old racer some cash and headaches since I already have a Pro series 2. Much easier to set and check then using a laptop all of the time.
Cheers to my Phsycobike family!!!!
You Rock!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm not sure that they still make the conversion for using the stock triggers. If not I think I have one new here. Pro2 has still been quicker than anything else on a nitrous bike. If you didn't have one already the Firestorm would be the way to go now that most of the software issues have been dealt with.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure that they still make the conversion for using the stock triggers. If not I think I have one new here. Pro2 has still been quicker than anything else on a nitrous bike. If you didn't have one already the Firestorm would be the way to go now that most of the software issues have been dealt with.

That would be great if you have one! I will send you a pm with my information. I assume all of the functions will work. Perfect! Now I will feel better about all of my setups because I can check so easily:) Will be able to get rid of all the extra harnesses and boxes:)
Happy Racing in the new year Bill Vose.. You just made mine a lot better!
Cheers 2015

1 - 12 of 12 Posts