Psychobike banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Brocks CT exhaust. It comes with an O2 port already installed and it is compatible with the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor. My question is how do I (or is it possible ) to connect that particular O2 sensor to the ECU and get wide band readings. If it is possible; is there a schematic out there with the proper pin locations etc etc..

I have the old style ecu interface and I have (I think) the latest version of ecu editor. I have logged runs before with the stock exhaust and stock O2 sensor.

Thanks in advance for any info provided. :sniff:

·
Registered
599 Posts
You need to esentially remove the narrow band pin from the ECU and replace it with the 0-5v from the wideband. There is quite a bit of info on it out there. This is for Gen2 busa only. Get your googles out, the info is out there and well documented. Check @ hayabusa.org and suzukihayabusa.org. You looking for Gen2 autotune using wideband.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have been.. This was my last resort. They all reference a different O2 sensor,, not the bosch one. I just need to find out if the bosch output is 0-5v or is it in mA. If so what wire is it. I looked up the specs online for the sensor and it basically seems to say 0-5 on one site and current on another..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Use an Innovate LC-1 with a Bosch sensor and it will interface with ECU/E through the ECU if wired correctly on a Gen II. I believe the LC-2 will work also. You won't be able to log data with ECU/E unless you have a laptop hooked up. That is the one of advantages to the Woolich log box.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
you need a wide band controller to control the wide band sensor. several good options listed above. then use the 5v output from the controller and wire it into the correct pin on the stock ecu and check the box for wideband in ecu editor.
you can look up the voltage output at the corresponding a/f ratio for the sensor and controller and adjust those settings in ecu editor to make sure the a/f ratio is correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys,, so what im finding out is that no matter what; you have to have a controller of some sort to convert that current based signal to voltage base.. I will look up that innovate lc1..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts