Psychobike banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

thats gsxr wheels on a gen 2 busa with a custom rotor

you will have to have a custom rear rotor for the rear and the front you will need spacers . I am the only person to make the rotors and this kit is 100% right

·
Registered
133 Posts
I still haven't heard from anyone regarding the spacers ...I'm still interested so please pm the info

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok here

complete busa rear wheel with rotor cush/sprocket and 180power pure-29.6

rear 1k with same tire and lightened rotor-26.6

busa front with 1 rotor and 8lb michelin front tire-22.4

front 1k with same tire and 1 lightened rotor-19.8

·
Registered
99 Posts
GenII Hayabusa wheels weight. Bare wheels.No rotors,bearings,etc.
Front - 9.9 pounds
Rear - 12.65 pounds

2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 wheels. Bare wheel also.
Front - 8.6
Rear - 11.6

Note:Both wheels use the same bearings/axles. The rear is a direct swap. I dont run a rear brake,so there may be some modding that needs to be done if you do. The front,you will need to run 1/8 inch spacers on each side & the 1k internal wheel sleeve.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Front - 9.9 pounds
Rear - 12.65 pounds

Front - 8.6
Rear - 11.6
There you go, those numbers look more realistic to me. I think the numbers Johnny D was using were for Gen 1 busa wheels versus GSXR 1000 wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Front - 9.9 pounds
Rear - 12.65 pounds

Front - 8.6
Rear - 11.6
Not too much of a gain for the wheel swap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ANY weight loss in rotating mass is worth looking into:2thumbs: I wouldnt go "overly" out of my way to do this wheel swap:shrug:But if you have a spare set(like I did),its one of those,"Why not?". ALL I/you need are the 8th inch spacers(You can keep your 200 buck stuff:whatever:)
...I personally like the gold wheels. I put them on my limited edition colored 08. When I had the wheels powder coated,I went with a different shade of gold that was more in sync with the color of the busa emblem on the side.
Hope what I have posted helps the next man trying to do this because nothing I read (initially):pissed:helped me & I included some before & after pics:buttrock:

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
so if I wanted to put 05-06 1k wheels on a gen1 busa I need what again or does any one have a set of busa wheels?

I dont know what all you will need to make the 05-08 wheels work on a first gen busa:shrug: I only know about the 2nd Gen conversion. If you can find a good deal on GenII stock wheels,I would look into those also for a upgrade(weight wise)over the 1st Gen

21 - 40 of 41 Posts