Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutches are gone, have to change them on my cbr1k what are some good aftermarket clutches that have worked good for you guys on this bike?
EBC CK Series, Barnett Performance, EBC SRC Series, EBC SRK Series,DP Clutches High Performance?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Drag Pack.............never ever had an issue with his clutches. I ran it with a stock setup, single stage lock up, Hays in multi stage lockup, and a Slider.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Clutches are gone.. on my cbr1k...QUOTE]

Drag Pack.............never ever had an issue with his clutches. I ran it with a stock setup, single stage lock up, Hays in multi stage lockup, and a Slider.
His avatar appears to be the 06-07 CBR1000rr, seen the lock-up without buttoned pressure plate for his application, but haven't seen any Slider or Hays or Rock or MTC gen2's

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 08 cbr 1000 rr I run the dragpak. I get a lot of passes out. I go through 2 hook ups and then some between clutches most tire wear from strip and some street miles. low 9 and high 8s on spray. I use the dragpak no prob. I get the 2.0 steels all the same stock fiber and I use the original clutch springs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 08 cbr 1000 rr I run the dragpak. I get a lot of passes out. I go through 2 hook ups and then some between clutches most tire wear from strip and some street miles. low 9 and high 8s on spray. I use the dragpak no prob. I get the 2.0 steels all the same stock fiber and I use the original clutch springs.

I am running them now. Can't complain at all, dewayne has some good clutches lets just c how long they last

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2 out of 8 of my clutches are shot already only 4 races. about 8 total passes installed on the 12-29-14 they went yesterday 1-10-15

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Clutch durability can't be necessarily be judged by how long they last for you. If your gearing is off for your body weight and your having to burn the clutch out of the hole too long, then there isn't a clutch pack on the planet that will survive that. I'm still stock wheelbase and get more passes than that out of mine. Take a look at your setup and your launch technique and try to determine if there are any other factors that may be leading to premature clutch failure. Are your steels scorched and warped? Will your clutch pack slide smoothly in and out of the basket once the pressure plate is removed? Look for notches on the basket were the friction plate fingers ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clutch durability can't be necessarily be judged by how long they last for you. If your gearing is off for your body weight and your having to burn the clutch out of the hole too long, then there isn't a clutch pack on the planet that will survive that. I'm still stock wheelbase and get more passes than that out of mine. Take a look at your setup and your launch technique and try to determine if there are any other factors that may be leading to premature clutch failure. Are your steels scorched and warped? Will your clutch pack slide smoothly in and out of the basket once the pressure plate is removed? Look for notches on the basket were the friction plate fingers ride.
I weigh 160 suited. I will check that to see I think something else is causing my bike to burn clutches. I have a Honda cbr1k with hydraulic clutches. I hear that is a problem but I don't believe it

·
Registered
316 Posts
If u started with Dwayne's DragPak and only got 8 passes out of em, then the main problem may just be yer left hand and more Seat Time. By the time you reach the Tree your clutch should be fully engaged. What were them 60' numbers u were cutting?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I weigh 160 suited. I will check that to see I think something else is causing my bike to burn clutches. I have a Honda cbr1k with hydraulic clutches. I hear that is a problem but I don't believe it
What's your sprocket combo? I've launched a few RRs and thought the clutch feel was decent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If u started with Dwayne's DragPak and only got 8 passes out of em, then the main problem may just be yer left hand and more Seat Time. By the time you reach the Tree your clutch should be fully engaged. What were them 60' numbers u were cutting?
i started with oem got them did pretty good lasted a while one of the frictions were pretty bad so i decided to change all of them n wanted to see what was better than oem

1 - 20 of 22 Posts