Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have now started my 07 GSXR 750 turbo Project.
I need some help regarding tuning / fueling. In Norway there is little or no turbo bike tuners, so i must do all the tuning my self. I am going to run the Begi 2025, Walbro 255, Bazzaz Z-FI, and Bazzaz self tuning.

I have found out that i need the fmu to run 6:1 ratio. Can i just start the self tuning and go for a ride or should i run the map Rich and then go?

·
Registered
599 Posts
personally, i would go PC5 with boost reference and not go with the FMU. While it works, IMO, its not the best way to go. I would have to go to a tuner for FMU setup and tuning.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wouldn't go with a fmu, but it would still be beneficial to go with an external regulator with a 1:1 boost reference to get a little bit more out of your fuel system along with the pc5. What turbo are you going with?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Would'nt a proper set up fmu be just as good?
FMU's are usually used when your severely under fueled as far as injectors or you have no way of tuning during boost conditions. Depending what your octane fuel is in Norway, I think water/ meth injection is overkill at only 6 #s, its good insurance but not necessary at that boost. Ive made probably over 100 passes on a bone stock 750 motor at 8-10lbs with nothing more than a 255 walbro in the tank and a pc5, and the duty cycle was still pretty low. Im going with a 1:1 regulator now because im switching to E85 and know im going to need more fuel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Im running a 2 bar map, as far as im concerned the hub is a waste of money. All you need to do is tap into another 5 volt circuit for the new sensor, then run the return signal to the specific port on the pc5.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That is what I am going to do but I will not run a 2bar or 3bar sensor. Those are psia or absolutele psi. When you only need it to reference boost, run a psig sensor. Won't read vacuum but a 15 psi sensor will be more accurate than a 2bar sensor

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is what I am going to do but I will not run a 2bar or 3bar sensor. Those are psia or absolutele psi. When you only need it to reference boost, run a psig sensor. Won't read vacuum but a 15 psi sensor will be more accurate than a 2bar sensor
How would you tune the vacuum areas of the map if your only reading positive pressure?

·
Registered
599 Posts
On the PC5 you only need to tune the boost. The vacuum fuel maps should be handled by the stock ecu and stock iap sensor unless your going to a full standalone...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts