Psychobike banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and first turbo bike build. On a stock bore jug. Je 10.1:1 pistons carrillo h beam rods the crank is at ape now getting the
works done to it head and main studs .060 head gasket hd valve springs. Also will be running a haltech elite with boost controller. And e85. Theres more to the list but thats the big stuff lol. Whats a safe number boost wise? Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I figured it could hold 10 or so. Was running 6 with the stock motor.
I was speed reading. I didn't see that the motor is fully built. If the tune is right, feel free to turn it it. The max amount is gonna depend on your turbo and your tuner. If the turbo is efficient, then you should be le to do 18-22lbs of boost.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If your talking pump gas I'd say 10-12 but on race your good for a lot more if the oiling and engine is set up for it. Pistons and rods wise your good for some higher boost no problem as to how much depends on what else is done like bearing clearance,ring gap so on and so on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plan to go e85 route... and that leads me to my next question. Do you guy go back with stock sec on the rod and mai. Clearance or what do you run? Also with my piston kit it came with stock oem rings??? I figured they would come with file fits.... all the parts came from rcperformance

·
Registered
713 Posts
What size injectors are you running? My K5 1K turbo runs out of stock injector at 13psi which is 300rwhp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna do away with the secondary injectors and only run 4 650cc injectors. Have a areomotive 1:1 regulator and a walbro 255 in tank pump...

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is a shop in IL that sells some nice billet fuel rails that enable you to make a "real" nice fuel system with a tank return with AN fittings. RCs sells the blockoff plate for the tank.

Deleting the secondary injectors sounds like a pitch from hokey shop who wanted to sell me a motec & fuel injection harness for $7500...lol

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Go bug on the secondaries and leave stock on the primary. For big boost loosen the rod bearings a touch and file the rings open a touch also. That place in Ohio is on crack! Just upgrade what u got. Build a good return system for it and you'll be fine. Where in ky are you at?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts