Psychobike banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i was getting my bike tuned and ran into an issue with losing spark above 7 grand. Bike specs
Fully built bottom end
Gt 35 turbo
Head ported by exotic cycle
Stock injectors driven by the stock ecu
Mt2 secondary controller with 650cc injectors
Mps did their basic flash by removing the restrictions and unifying the maps
5.5 psi wastegate
Tuned on c16
No timing has been pulled
Spark plugs gapped to .018"

At 7 grand the fuel is not fully burning. The microtech is responding to the adjustments but the spark just seems weak. Changed coils ,plugs, and checked for codes in dealer mode.
Could low voltage from the charging system cause this ? Could it need more timing than stock? What else should i check?

·
Registered
959 Posts
How rich was it running & when were the plugs changed last ?

First sign of a repeated breakdown on the dyno and i change plugs , if its quite rich while your getting it done that could be any time
You can increase the ign dwell time in editor i usually set it at 120% , but check timing before and after as it will change

If you need to boost the ign power the NLR SIM or AEM CDI both work well,

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does extending the dwell time really help? I went through 3 sets of plugs yesterday. Is stock timing enough for 5.5 psi and c16?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I'm getting an interface to see where the timing is currently. I plan on turning the msbc1 up to 22-25 psi, but i need to get these bugs worked out first. Thanks. Anything above 15 psi is going to be on c16 only.

·
Registered
959 Posts
interface and logging will tell you where it thinks timing is, to be sure you need an adjustable timing light and cross reference a particular point and just see if its fairly close to the table value for that tps and rpm

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok , I'll gather all that stuff and see what else i can troubleshoot before i go back to the dyno in a few weeks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts