Psychobike banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
ECU no doubt. Bazzaz and others are having issues when you get a bigger motor package. I have the carpenter race engine 1630 and bazzaz was having all kinds of issues. Fi light, idle speed was all over the place, and would stall after run where I would have to cycle the key to get it to reset.
After looking at all the different answers and getting help from STEVE Knecum I decided to take it to Ryan Schnitz for ecu tune and ditch the bazzaz
Best move I ever did so far. Tune is clean and sounds great. No piggie back crap. And the stock ecu and injectors can handle that no problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If it is a Gen II you can change the injector balance with ECU/E or Woolich. My understanding is stock injectors on a Gen II will support 300 + hp by altering the balance with a knowledgeable tuner.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If it is a Gen II you can change the injector balance with ECU/E or Woolich. My understanding is stock injectors on a Gen II will support 300 + hp by altering the balance with a knowledgeable tuner.
I was assuming it was a gen1 busa. I can see it being possible with the gen2 fuel system.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It is a Gen 2
Carpenter supplied fuel pump and all the tuning done by ECU editor and the ECU injector split, Ryan Schnitz did the final tune,
Had a Bazzaz on there and worked fine for tune but caused some issues with idle, and throwing secondary injector codes, and stalling out at the end of track. Ryan fixed her up.
Carpenter is telling me there is someone now in NJ he is using to do this.
But stock injectors stock fuel rail etc.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
08up busas and 07 up 1000s have the same tbs with electronic idle circuit,,,,
so when add more air speed through tbs from bigger motor or just adding more pump
the idle circuit is overpowered/gets irratic,,,
if some 1 knew what to do with ecu with bazzaz still on it
problem is solved in minutes,,,,,,,
does not matter how u adjust fuel,,,through ecu,tag on or another standalone
its how its set/knowing what to do with an ecu controlled idle circuit,,,,,,,

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ryan did say the i ac was a big problem with idle and shutting off but the fi light and secondary codes were being thrown by bazzaz parameters and they were just not happy, after a couple conversations with bazzaz it was there recomendation as well that might not work. Something to do with injector split in ecu was having it all out of whack.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
the bazzaz parameters are based off of the stock oem parameters
in turn u can only split them in the ecu to a "point" so they don't cross each other
1nce they cross they fight each other rather than enhancing
its just lots of R&D of finding where to set things not to cross
the tag on at the track for fine tuning pr gear is a nice bonus
as stated ecu editing,tag on or standalone all work good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts