• helpfull

Votes: 52 100.0%
  • no help

Votes: 0 0.0%
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't know if I woudl say tons of low 7 passes Ryan. Only a few used them and all that I know of other than the GI joe 1000 have had pretty significant chunking on them with a relatively low number of passes. The longest I know of lasting is one that was on Mark Paquette's bike that Tyler Fisher had on it, and then Bud rode at the October MIR race. I believe it started chinking on teh 15th or 16th pass. Bud still rode it after that.

I did some testing with them and found the 200 seems to hold together a bit better than the 190, but still had chunking. Power 1's will chunk as well, but they usually don't get worse in a rapid manner (other than the large chunk that came off of I believe Shannon Maylee's). I know of Power 1's that had chunks and still made many 6 second passes without any appreciable growth of the chunked area.
We ran the 180 series and had zero chunking. But then again, we are not as fast as the Top Turbo guys.....yet!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's fine. ..... they can keep it...... if nothing else I try works ill go back to a mcr2.....I won't risk my rider or bike again. .......just my .02

·
Registered
402 Posts
I guess the new michelin power cup is a very similar tire to the p1 and worked pretty good the last two races. Only downfall it is a 55 series.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Now back to the subject at hand, this is not a tire thread. Its buz and josh picking on each other lol :beer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
how much oil does it take for a gen1 turbo busa with flat oil pan and what do u guys use...i been using 15-40 rotella in my real street bike gsxr1000...i just bought the bike and wanted to change the oil so i have no idea how much i will take...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Don't use rotella any more it will hurt your bike, everybody uses something different,, I think it's personal preference find something decent and not to expensive as u will be changing your oil alot.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
how much oil does it take for a gen1 turbo busa with flat oil pan and what do u guys use...i been using 15-40 rotella in my real street bike gsxr1000...i just bought the bike and wanted to change the oil so i have no idea how much i will take...
if you want to try something different that is good stuff, try motul..give me a call and i'll get you setup with an affordable line ..803 285 8093

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Don't use rotella any more it will hurt your bike, everybody uses something different,, I think it's personal preference find something decent and not to expensive as u will be changing your oil alot.
Stop already.. Rottella isn't even remotely going to hurt his bike... where do you guys come up with this crap... LOLOLOL 75% of PST and RST use it and a shitload of nitrous bikes with "0" problems.... you guys kill me.
X275, if you wanna try something else by all means do it.. but there is nothing, i repeat nothing wrong with what your using now. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Stop already.. Rottella isn't even remotely going to hurt his bike... where do you guys come up with this crap... LOLOLOL 75% of PST and RST use it and a shitload of nitrous bikes with "0" problems.... you guys kill me.
X275, if you wanna try something else by all means do it.. but there is nothing, i repeat nothing wrong with what your using now. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-
But Walter, it can't work...the internet said so.

·
Registered
33 Posts

-
ive been using the rotella in my 1070 rst nitrous bike for about 2 yrs no problem so i didnt think it woud be a problem...walter im the guy that called u a few weeks a go about tuning a 3 arm gann clutch im new to the turbo busa game and looking for some good advise...how many quarts it take?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was talking to a builder the other day about rotella. We discussed how rotella is made for 2k rpm diesels. There's no anti foaming agents like other oils. So after a pass in the pro street bike with rotella the window looked like there was a blown head gasket cause it was cloudy. It was just that the rotella was foaming. Changed oil brands. Problem solved

121 - 140 of 157 Posts