• helpfull

Votes: 52 100.0%
  • no help

Votes: 0 0.0%
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow!nice.. ive been trying to get my busa in the 7's for years and everyone "sells" the so called secrets atleast I think I purchased them all but for free u may have just solved my issue..bike does seem to bottom out leading to a "wheelie" also it does have a carbon like "strike" on one of the header tubes..thanks much!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
this is not a thread on the shinko. This is just why I will not recommend it to anyone. Racers are free to run what they feel is needed in their program.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The tire has 6 second passes and tons of 7.0s. I'd say they had made changes to it and improved the overall performance of the tires. It may just be my new tire once this p1 is dead.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
so why say I bet? betting your life, safety, bike or the riders in the other lane?
Buz quit living in the past. I think you may have turned this into a shinko thread. Lets move on. You know Goodyear used to have tires that would not shred apart when then blew and that's what killed Eric Medlen but they fixed it. I would be more concerned if shinko do nothing about it but they obviously did.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
The tire has 6 second passes and tons of 7.0s. I'd say they had made changes to it and improved the overall performance of the tires. It may just be my new tire once this p1 is dead.
I don't know if I woudl say tons of low 7 passes Ryan. Only a few used them and all that I know of other than the GI joe 1000 have had pretty significant chunking on them with a relatively low number of passes. The longest I know of lasting is one that was on Mark Paquette's bike that Tyler Fisher had on it, and then Bud rode at the October MIR race. I believe it started chinking on teh 15th or 16th pass. Bud still rode it after that.

I did some testing with them and found the 200 seems to hold together a bit better than the 190, but still had chunking. Power 1's will chunk as well, but they usually don't get worse in a rapid manner (other than the large chunk that came off of I believe Shannon Maylee's). I know of Power 1's that had chunks and still made many 6 second passes without any appreciable growth of the chunked area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I for one would like to see a Pro DOT Radial designed specifically for this usage. M/T has a new tire but they are sitting on it tell inventory on the old tire is used up. But they are not willing to set a blow out price to dump inventory so they can go into production. But we don't know if that new tire is any longer lasting or better than the old tire.

Michelin is out of the picture. And I am not gonna waste time testing and trying to progress on a tire that is dead.

The Shinko seems to be working, but chunks in a inconsistent manner. Some in a few passes, some after several. Yes a few guys are running great numbers on them. And I may end up with one when this new MCR2 is done. Which won't take long.
But I still have a mental block with them...so who knows..

Would nice for a tire manufacture to step up their technology and advancement to our class of bikes

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Just to clarify FRANKLIN. This post is to help people like you who have never ridden a prostreet bike before. Please read the posts clearly. I just added a video to show the failure of the bead issue.

I started the thread to give my experience in pst and hoped other pst riders would do the same (and some have). THIS IS NOT A SHINKO ADD OR NON SHINKO POST.

I will never tell anyone based on my knowledge of the failures involved with the tire when it came out. UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE OR SHOW IT WAS FIXED I and I will say it again, I WON'T SUGGEST USING IT. It appears there is also now a chunking problem.

MCR2 will split, but never saw one fail.
Michelin have chunked, but never failed.

Please don't read this and think it is the only way to do things. Talk to people who ride pst and work on them at the races to learn all you can. After all you have to swing your leg over that bike.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Just to clarify FRANKLIN. This post is to help people like you who have never ridden a prostreet bike before. Please read the posts clearly. I just added a video to show the failure of the bead issue.

I started the thread to give my experience in pst and hoped other pst riders would do the same (and some have). THIS IS NOT A SHINKO ADD OR NON SHINKO POST.

I will never tell anyone based on my knowledge of the failures involved with the tire when it came out. UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE OR SHOW IT WAS FIXED I and I will say it again, I WON'T SUGGEST USING IT. It appears there is also now a chunking problem.

MCR2 will split, but never saw one fail.
Michelin have chunked, but never failed.

Please don't read this and think it is the only way to do things. Talk to people who ride pst and work on them at the races to learn all you can. After all you have to swing your leg over that bike.
Wow:beer:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
just playing Josh.

set your bike up for you. easier to hold on with the bars out at 90 degrees. easier to twist the throttle also upon launch.

Set your rear pegs so your feet can reach them upon launch or down track. It is very hard to get your feet on the pegs after 100ft or so if you are a taller or larger build.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts