Psychobike banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a ball park figure of the most amount of nitrous stock gen 2 injectors can support

·
Registered
833 Posts
150 on 50/50 split

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
secondaries are removed and fuel pressure is bumped up with bigger fuel lines and aftermarket fuel pump

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
why would you remove the stock secondaries and put in a bigger fuel pump and lines unless putting bigger primary injectors in? Not going to have a lot of fuel with just one set of stock injectors. guessing 230hp or so worth of fuel with one set of stock 24lb injectors.
I ran a pretty good 1441 with big cams, ported head, etc.. probably 230hp or so on just motor. Then a 100hp dry shot with all stock fuel system except bigger pump in the stock pump housing with ecu editor. Easily run 400hp worth of fuel with all 8 stock injectors setup properly with ecu editor.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
how do you have the one set of injectors wired up? Probably going to have to use ecu editor and 50/50 balance for it to work correctly with only one set of injectors wired up anyways.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
i think he's referring to secondary throttle blades..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the blades are removed....custom nitrous bar ran through the throttle bodies n that spot

·
Registered
219 Posts
Stock injectors for a Gen II are 270 cc/min @ 43 PSI. And you can only flow this amount if they are 100% clean. I send mine out every year and its amazing how far off they can get. Anyway 270cc/min = 26 lbs/hr which works out to about 38BHP / injector at 80% duty cycle. 8 injectors = ~300 BHP.

What that means is that if you wish to go more than 100 shot of spray you need to run the duty cycle very high or bump the fuel pressure up to 45 - 50 PSI. I'm getting about 330 out of mine at 45 PSI, but I think I need to bump up the pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts