Psychobike banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas looking for some advice and checking around to see what all my handclutch killas are doing to their stock clutch setups to hold big power. Im currently running a weld up stock clutch mod with 3 stock springs and 3 heavy springs. I also keep the stack height between 197-200 and usually leave around 5-5500 rpm. The bike leaves ok but still bucks and chatters from time to time... should i leave lower or higher in the rpm?... or is there any other clutch mods i need to do to help make it smoother?... also would it benefit me switching from hydraulic to cable?.. TIA for info

·
Registered
316 Posts
.....Im currently running a weld up stock clutch mod*..
Not brocks mod. I would replace the oem line with a braided ss line before goin the cable conversion route. If ur putting down big hp use all six HD springs. Find a quality shock or at least revalve the one u have for ur weight. .bike length. .n power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use 6 HD springs (the red one) originally for GS 1150 (no shim) and a Brock cushion. I leave the line at 3500-4000 max with 17-47 gear at 70inch wheelbase. I get 1.26 60 ft and i'm 215 suited. Mineral oïl gives me better results and control......

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like ill be getting the cushion and putting all heavy springs in there and testing. Also... is everyone having better luck leaving at lower rpms or higher. Im used to these 1ks and leaving higher .

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
for me..
I put the brocks clutch mod, cushion, and a steel braided clutch line in. No matter what I did for two years you can not control the clutch like a gsxr 1000. A gsxr 1000 cable clutch does exactly what your hand does. the hydraulic busa clutch does not do what your hand does. their is a point in it that is not the same progressive or ramp as the lever. About all you can do with it is just let it go. You can not slip the clutch with a high rpm launch like you can with a cable clutch gsxr 1000.
A zx14 clutch even though hydraulic still works or feels a lot better then a busa clutch. I wanted to try a zx14 radial master cylinder on my 09 busa. It has all stock front fairings, inner trim panels, gauges, top lowering tree, and aftermarket clip-ons. the zx14 master cylinder would not come close to clearing. If I was going to stick with the stock clutch I would have put a cable clutch conversion on it. I ended up putting a rock clutch in it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly badass all i could do is let it go. My only real issues was the bucking off the line that alot of the time either made me or broke me in my 60ft. But i will switch out line and install cushion to see what it does. I plan on going aftermarket after this year anyways

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks like ill be getting the cushion and putting all heavy springs in there and testing. Also... is everyone having better luck leaving at lower rpms or higher. Im used to these 1ks and leaving higher .
I leave at lower RPM 3500-4000..........you have to gear the bike properly for a good 60' dont bother in what gear you cross the finish line as long as you dont over rev in 6th........

I have a 1441 ...... strong enough to leave at 3500 most of the time and slip the clutch no more than a second

Gear 17-47 or 17-48 in bad weather (M/T slick) and usually cross the line in the 11 000th range in 5th......i flash my ECU to 11 400 limit rpm

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The welded clutch mod will work not unless you absolutely want to buy the brocks cushion and clutch mod.

I have never had to use all 6 heavy duty springs and I have used alot of nitrous with a hand clutch. How much power are you making to where you think you need all 6 heavy duty springs?

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you are running the stock basket, the springs could have worn the backing and cause the bucking off the line.
I beat my head against the wall for a year over this same issue...bought a billet APE piece and that cured my woes!
Best of all, I will never have to deal with that problem again.
Hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts