Psychobike banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Please inlighten me on the zero rear brake deal. I must have missed something. Whats the difference between less cheese burgers and having rear brakes. Baffold in Ca.
The more weight off the quicker the package, when your racing for money the cheesburger alone isn't going to cut it when the other guy is lighter quicker (no brakes or cheesburgers). Its weight and resistance. Who uses their rear brake anyway, i have never used mine once in 200 mph passes. In an emergency maybe but not all the time or ever unless i would have to and it won't do much. :beer:

-

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The more weight off the quicker the package, when your racing for money the cheesburger alone isn't going to cut it when the other guy is lighter quicker (no brakes or cheesburgers). Its weight and resistance. Who uses their rear brake anyway, i have never used mine once in 200 mph passes. In an emergency maybe but not all the time or ever unless i would have to and it won't do much. :beer:

-
You said it perfectly bro. That's exactly my point. I've never used my rear brake on the street really so when I converted it to track only I took all that crap off completely because most likely if you cross the traps at 160 + and you don't have any front brakes, you're pretty much screwed anyway. All that rear brake is going to do is most likely lock up that rear tire and send you for a nasty tankslapper. I can't justify it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Brakes

So with ( don't need all that fun stuff >brakes<:potstir:) that i guess you get to stay home. because out in the West you won't make out of the Useless tech deal) Good luck selling that line of junk on any NHRA track in Ca. Az. Nv. Wa. OR. i yet not to have to have them (tech not look at the rear brake) on my bike or for that matter any bike i have presented for the useless tech deal. I have been doing this for a little while and, have seen a bunch of things happen when you least exspect it to. Come to think of it My buddy Turbojoe sailed off the end of the track at Good old Fontana at 165-175 with no brakes. If it can happen it will happen, it's just when. Every rule in the NHRA rule book is there because of some thing that has happened. So **** luck and Make sure your alway ahead of the next in the other lane so you don't run him over with no brakes on you bike as you sail passed on your land rocket. Dumb and Dumber is not a way to grow old. Oh I am supprised at you Walter, that you would think that this one brake deal is kool. Come to think of it how do you stop the drum on your dyno with the front brake.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Crashing

You said it perfectly bro. That's exactly my point. I've never used my rear brake on the street really so when I converted it to track only I took all that crap off completely because most likely if you cross the traps at 160 + and you don't have any front brakes, you're pretty much screwed anyway. All that rear brake is going to do is most likely lock up that rear tire and send you for a nasty tankslapper. I can't justify it.
CRASHING AT A SLOWER SPEED WHILE USING THE ONLY BRAKE I HAVE LEFT, AND CRASHING AT MUCH HIGHER SPEED . I WILL TAKE THE FIRST ONE PLEASE.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
oh dont get your panties in a wad. the little bicycle brake that most dragbikes have on the front has a fraction of the stopping power that a single front brake from a modern sport bike has. we all know back breaks are a technicality and nothing more. this is the kind of shit that keeps SO many racers away from the et races out here.

to the original poster, if you're not planning on running the et races out here, its not a big deal. if do want to go play with the 9 second drag bikes, you'll just have to play by the rules. welcome!!

oh, and of course we're all glad that turbo joe is ok, but his crash was because his throttle stuck. i bet if he would have had a rear brake, he would have stopped, oh wait.......

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Two pounds worth of rear brake hardware won't effect you ET anymore than a trip down the local buffet:s24: Just pick up a master cylinder, rotor, and caliper/ bracket then your set.

The NHRA license only requires an annual membership Deprecated Browser Error , a physical and some pals at the track to sign off your license after making two half track passes, two intermediate passes and two 9.99 and quicker. It didn't cost me anywhere near $300.
Well said! :2thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
oh dont get your panties in a wad. the little bicycle brake that most dragbikes have on the front has a fraction of the stopping power that a single front brake from a modern sport bike has. we all know back breaks are a technicality and nothing more. this is the kind of shit that keeps SO many racers away from the et races out here.

to the original poster, if you're not planning on running the et races out here, its not a big deal. if do want to go play with the 9 second drag bikes, you'll just have to play by the rules. welcome!!

oh, and of course we're all glad that turbo joe is ok, but his crash was because his throttle stuck. i bet if he would have had a rear brake, he would have stopped, oh wait.......
Lol that's what I'm getting at. But I don't plan on running the et or class races because I know my bike doesn't fall into any of them. But I would like to at least get together with the guys after I get there and meet people and just meet up on a test and tune day if nothing else and make passes, have a good time, race a few guys and just have a good day at least. I'm not looking for a big grudge scene or bet my house on a race. Its going to take me a few TNT s to get back in the groove anyway lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope you understand, that even on a test and tune day, you still buy a tech card and you are still tech,d out here. You are still going to need a rear brake man, you won't get around it. You will still need the NHRA license and membership, Especially in fontana. I will give you an example, at the last summit race they sent the tech around the pits to the bikes to re-inspect the rear brakes. There can be many other things that can go catastrophic yes, Just trying to save you some heartache before you come to the track.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zactllllly

I hope you understand, that even on a test and tune day, you still buy a tech card and you are still tech,d out here. You are still going to need a rear brake man, you won't get around it. You will still need the NHRA license and membership, Especially in fontana. I will give you an example, at the last summit race they sent the tech around the pits to the bikes to re-inspect the rear brakes. There can be many other things that can go catastrophic yes, Just trying to save you some heartache before you come to the track.
A very clear thought in a very ego driven post. Thanks

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
So with ( don't need all that fun stuff >brakes<:potstir:) that i guess you get to stay home. because out in the West you won't make out of the Useless tech deal) Good luck selling that line of junk on any NHRA track in Ca. Az. Nv. Wa. OR. i yet not to have to have them (tech not look at the rear brake) on my bike or for that matter any bike i have presented for the useless tech deal. I have been doing this for a little while and, have seen a bunch of things happen when you least exspect it to. Come to think of it My buddy Turbojoe sailed off the end of the track at Good old Fontana at 165-175 with no brakes. If it can happen it will happen, it's just when. Every rule in the NHRA rule book is there because of some thing that has happened. So **** luck and Make sure your alway ahead of the next in the other lane so you don't run him over with no brakes on you bike as you sail passed on your land rocket. Dumb and Dumber is not a way to grow old. Oh I am supprised at you Walter, that you would think that this one brake deal is kool. Come to think of it how do you stop the drum on your dyno with the front brake.
aaaaaaaaah fodcontrol.... you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. You made your opinion clear and thats ok...... once. You don't like it that others don't see the wisdom of a car org. making bike rules. You spoke your opinion and asked a question about the brakes and got the answer why people don't have them. It's easy to see you probably don't actually race and that's ok to. But when your opinion overrides what you actually don't know and you start insulting and insinuating people are dumb because they don't agree with you or don't like how they do things then it's probably time to keep your opinions to yourself. Thats how your coming across anyway..... :beer:

BTW, nobody uses the rear brake on the dyno, we have brakes on the dynos now days!:2thumbs:

-

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
aaaaaaaaah fodcontrol.... you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. You made your opinion clear and thats ok...... once. You don't like it that others don't see the wisdom of a car org. making bike rules. You spoke your opinion and asked a question about the brakes and got the answer why people don't have them. It's easy to see you probably don't actually race and that's ok to. But when your opinion overrides what you actually don't know and you start insulting and insinuating people are dumb because they don't agree with you or don't like how they do things then it's probably time to keep your opinions to yourself. Thats how your coming across anyway..... :beer:

BTW, nobody uses the rear brake on the dyno, we have brakes on the dynos now days!:2thumbs:

-
Took the words right outta my mouth. I like the way you put it.:2thumbs:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
so fodcontrol, just how many more forums are you going to complain about this on?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So who is a regular at the dragstrip in fontana? I'm needing to know what requirements exactly that my bike needs to meet in order to pass tech and be able to run. Who goes to fontana on a regular basis and knows the tech and rules for that track?

·
Registered
267 Posts
So who is a regular at the dragstrip in fontana? I'm needing to know what requirements exactly that my bike needs to meet in order to pass tech and be able to run. Who goes to fontana on a regular basis and knows the tech and rules for that track?

I do, pm me your # and I will call you tomorrow

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can tell you the requirements for Fontana ......... Read the NHRA rule book if it's in there you need it sorry but welcome to the west coast!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
when tech came back around, what do you mean by they were checking rear brakes? do you mean they were just visually looking to see if they were there, or actually going up and pushing the pedal to see if they work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
fontana is a NHRA track if the rule book says it must have rear brakes ,it better have rear brakes that WORK. same with the rest of the rules! IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY.

·
Registered
267 Posts
when tech came back around, what do you mean by they were checking rear brakes? do you mean they were just visually looking to see if they were there, or actually going up and pushing the pedal to see if they work?

They pushed the pedal to make sure they worked.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts