Psychobike banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving out to southern cali the first week of March, and I was wondering how many people on the site are out that way? I'll be in the Helendale area. I don't know the area out there at all but I did a search for the dragtrips around there and it seems the closest one is going to be the Auto Club Dragway in Fontana (about an hour away). The Strip in Las Vegas is about and hour and fifteen minutes away also. Are these tracks fairly motorcycle friendly? I know they are big tracks but I was wondering about people's experience with these places or if there is a closer/better track nearby. Thanks guys :2thumbs:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Irwindale and fontana! Irwindale is a 1/8mile track but that thing hooks better than any other track in california but the tech guys are asshole so better be ready for it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Fontana and The Strip at Las Vegas are about 4 1/2hrs away from each other. Where is Helendale? I have never heard of it. There is also Borona( 1/8 mile ) and Fomoso in bakersfield. Around September of last year fontans changed the way they prep and it is bad azz now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's up by silverlake. Fontana, Bakersfield and Vegas. Like Slowracer said is your best bet. But make sure you have your NHRA License and all the correct equipment. If you don't have the License, you can get that taken care of when you get here. Have fun and welcome

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what im trying to avoid... prick tech guys. I was looking at Fontana and Pomona for the two closest tracks, I just had The Strip in Vegas on my mind at the time. I looked at the websites for the tracks and it doesn't seem like they have any events for bikes really. I didn't even see rules and regulations for bikes at the tracks but i'm guessing they go by standard NHRA track rules, which my bike probably doesn't meet as it sits, not to mention I don't have an NHRA license. Helendale is about 30 minutes southwest of Barstow btw. The bike will also be set up for a 1/4 track which is why I was trying to stay away from 1/8 strips.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, that's what im trying to avoid... prick tech guys. I was looking at Fontana and Pomona for the two closest tracks, I just had The Strip in Vegas on my mind at the time. I looked at the websites for the tracks and it doesn't seem like they have any events for bikes really. I didn't even see rules and regulations for bikes at the tracks but i'm guessing they go by standard NHRA track rules, which my bike probably doesn't meet as it sits. Helendale is about 30 minutes southwest of Barstow btw. The bike will also be set up for a 1/4 track which is why I was trying to stay away from 1/8 strips.
They all follow NHRA's Standard m/c rules. I have never had any problems with tech at any of the local tracks, but I made sure my stuff is good. Make sure you have your licence,leathers,teather,up to date helmet, WORKING REAR BRAKES:s24:

We run the Summit track series and Afterhours motorcycle programs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that'd be the biggest deal breaker right there is the rear brakes lol. Got rid of em a long time ago. I don't have a tether either but that's no big deal to go get and put on really. The bike is basically a grudge bike.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just looked up Helendale, man that is in the middle of nowhere. You working at Edwards?

·
Registered
267 Posts
When you get here come to fontana for the summit races and the Afterhours race.
I've got a orange busa come over and say hi, I will buy you a beer:beer:

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looked up Helendale, man that is in the middle of nowhere. You working at Edwards?
Im in the Army and i'm getting stationed at Ft Irwin at the beginning of March. Our house is out in Helendale though. And yes it is definitely in the middle of nowhere lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Better hit ebay and get one. The boys at fontana are no joke on the Tech, Have your Kevlar gloves too. You will be fine. If your not running bracket racing, you will need to look at Afterhours or Big Charlies events. Both have websites I believe. There isn't much grudge racing out here man

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Better hit ebay and get one. The boys at fontana are no joke on the Tech, Have your Kevlar gloves too. You will be fine. If your not running bracket racing, you will need to look at Afterhours or Big Charlies events. Both have websites I believe. There isn't much grudge racing out here man
hit ebay and get what? rear brakes? i've got komodo's leathers, gloves, and boots so i should have a problem with saftey gear. And I definitely won't be bracket racing the bike or racing it in a class because like I said the bike is all grudge. I'm coming from the south Alabama area so it's going to be a whole different world out there.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i knows its a hike for you, but its worth coming up to sacramento once or twice a year for our grudgefest events. its probably not quite like what you're used to, but about the closest you'll get out here. there's always a couple things on the street throughout the year, but i understand thats not for everyone.

welcome!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i knows its a hike for you, but its worth coming up to sacramento once or twice a year for our grudgefest events. its probably not quite like what you're used to, but about the closest you'll get out here. there's always a couple things on the street throughout the year, but i understand thats not for everyone.

welcome!!
Yeah Sacramento is a little over a 6 hour drive but I could make it up there once or twice a year for a good race. I'm still trying to get clarification on what exactly I need to race as far as equipment goes. I've never had a problem with my bike at any track i've been to from MMP to Powerhouse Dragway down in FL. I don't wanna take the time and money to load everything up and drive just to get put back on the trailer because the tech guy says I need rear brakes and an NHRA license.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
well, i mention sac because they're pretty lax about tech stuff unless its an ET race. half the staff at sacramento rides or races a bike one way or another, so the bike guys get treated pretty well for the most part.

chain guards and rear brakes seem to the be the hot items out here. i've never heard of anyone being hassled about ground clearance or stuff like unless its blatantly unsafe.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
oh, and i heard they're revpaving bakersfield from the burnout box all the way to the finish line, so i would expect it work pretty well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i've got a chainguard but no rear brakes. I think those are the only two issues i would have is rear brakes and an NHRA license. Yeah I looked up Bakerfield too, it's about 2 hours away from me.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts