Psychobike banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, my name is Michele, and I write from Italy, I have an old gsxr oil-air with nos ,.ecc ecc,, complete with full electronics 2000 Dyna for dragbike.

some friends have advised me to put a new electronics Schnitz pro-2, she is a very complete electronics (also delays for NOS), what do you say? What are the differences with the Dyna 4000 with TSRM? Thank you very much ... greetings from Italy!
:beer:

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Dyna stuff is almost bullet proof! If you run a Schnitz box, you will need 3 of them. One will be on the bike, a spare in the trailer & 1 will always be back at Schnitz being repaired!! The Dyna stuff is good, reliable & has second to NOBODY customer service! Schnitz, not so much. You already have a good system, that doesn't break, why would you want to change to an inferior system?
Ray.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pro 2

I have had a schnitz box on my bike for 17 years I think and no problems with it ever. I have 4 bikes in my trailer no problems with any of them they all have them. the main reason most problems happen is incorrect installation with regards to wireing and how it is run I have seen and fixed several and just like dyna or any other brand they want good ground and not to ever be shorted or over hit with voltage I don't have a bitch with them

·
Registered
748 Posts
The biggest advantage performance-wise is that the Dyna setup cannot ramp timing with the nitrous. You can bring it in stages, but the Schnitz box has a clear advantage here. The durability issue is purely subjective. You'll hear just as many stories for it as you will against it. All I can say is I agree with Bob in that installation is critical and most errors will not be admitted to by the installer.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The Schnitz stuff will do just like stated above. Problem after problem. And if the other guy has had no issues then u better knock on some wood or play the lottery Lol. I don't like the dyna flat timing but I'd take it over the pro2. Even better id get a msd mc4 and run it. I run msd on my 1100 turbo oil cooled and will never take it off.

·
Registered
748 Posts
MSD had their own durability issues back in the day which is why I am personally sworn off em.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The later Dyna 2000 is programmable and will retard for nos.
If yours is labeled like this you can get a programming software kit from Dyna.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just posted asking about the mc4 unit. Im strongly considering it. Im very curious as to your experience with it. Do you connect the 12v activated step retards to a TS Timer and use the retard as a throttle stop? I really want to confirm this will work. The only reason I can think that it would not is if the software does not allow a lower timing value to be inputted for a retard. I hope im being clear. I appreciate any comments.
thank you

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I just posted asking about the mc4 unit. Im strongly considering it. Im very curious as to your experience with it. Do you connect the 12v activated step retards to a TS Timer and use the retard as a throttle stop? I really want to confirm this will work. The only reason I can think that it would not is if the software does not allow a lower timing value to be inputted for a retard. I hope im being clear. I appreciate any comments.
thank you
While I can't answer your question about the 2 step and TS, you can go to the MSD website or MPS Racing site and download the MC4 software and instructions. It would allow you to set up any configuration you'd like and save each as a separate file for upload to the unit. You can play with it without buying an actual unit.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
there is 3 timing retards in the mc-4,,,,,,,can go up to 25deg total retard
2 are retard by amount # pink and violet wires
1 is progressive tan wire
so yes u can activate a retard off a timer,,,,,,just put 12v to 1 and instant retard
or can use tan for progressive retard and set a ramp
only thing on mc-4 to keep up with is battery voltage
if drops below 11.8 shuts off ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
dyna 2000 and schnitz 2 are old school stuff
have good and bad on both,,,,,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pro series box is discontinued - I am looking at Firestorm box - I have Dyna 4000sp with all those other boxes plus a box just to get it to work with slider - now I need a retard box for nitrous a progressive nitrous box. Taking an all gas S/C bike and going T/G with nitrous .

I have a S/C friend with Dyna 2000 and has had it forever - uses 4 deg retard for small shot.
I would do the same but I have a dual plug head and different coils.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts