1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Yeah but supernut can take a quarter of the money and give him the break with a Busa.

Think it's cool but I had to beat him to it

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Really cool,but $30k is really hard to swallow.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Didn't JT run about the same on a SWB GenII Busa?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
MICHAEL...if you read the article...they said they were not proud of the swb passes...RICHARD ran 8's on a swb BUSA ...lets just say a lot of guys on a lot of bikes ran way quicker and faster....swb is though.....

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
So POPEYE you are impressed at stock wheelbase???
The 820 really didn't muchless swb. It's a fast machine and I think its cool and all but like yourself I'm just hard to impress. For some reason I felt it should (should!!) crack into the 7's. Many other stock older bikes have been 8.40's over the years so I figured 100+'hp should get it there but I guess the weight killed it. If this is the R model I bet the base one really is a turd.

Sorry I had to say it lol

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
I knew from the get go that with the numbers KAW gave us on the H2....we were not going to see a real pass....bone stock....now the swb..is not even a stock H2.......so i guess even if RG took a bonestock H2 it would look stupid.....even with only a strech....and that is exactly what we all said when they let the numbers out....then the magazines started comparing it....so RG and KAW had to find a way to make it look decent.....but if you add up the cost of the bike and all the mods...even the ones you can not get from the H2R....i wonder who can think it is amazing......DEC 2 at ROCKINGHAM and it was not warm.....but had to mention....that the trac was cold.....lol......that really made me laught.........so...no we will not know from them what a stock H2 will do.....and we never get a full list of mods and all prices added up for a comparaison.....just smoke to those who don't really know.

But somebody gotta do it....and if it pays on top...why not...i would.:applause:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
That is more than 30k........you know how it is...it adds up real fast.......and with parts normal guys can not get....it was mentioned but not noticed..lol...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know this is a Kaw hating moment....I do. Can we all agree that you can take an affordable sports car like a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge (esp an LS package) modify the hell out of them and they are just as fast as some of your exotic cars through the 1/8 and 1/4? That exotic is car not built to sale to the average joe just like I feel Kawasaki knew this bike wasn't affordable for the average joe but best believe certain people will have one in their garage with the front wheel cocked to the side, if for nothing else but just to say they have one. I commend Kawasaki for still putting some interesting products out there and......and they didn't ask no one else for a dime for their R&D or production. No other manufacture out there trying anything new, just the same old stuff. Do yo thang Rickey, if they were my employers I would be promoting the hell out it too. Now lets get back to the hating :s24:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Sorry ...i don't know if you have read or know about the H2........but we are not even talking about taking a stock bike and spend $$$$ to make it as fast as the EXOTIC H2.....YOU got it all wrong here.......

Now let me explain the REAL situation that YOU clearly missed......the H2.....not H2R....would get his nuts cut off by a lot of STOCK bikes....this is something KAWASAKI does not want to see or show cause even RG knows this for sure......THAT my friend is the truth....no hating there....

Then they take an H2...make it H2 HYBRID....and they invested money getting parts..YOU can not buy...went inside the motor by swapping cams,then exaust,ecu....and they had to put a PROSTREET swingarm,bst,even change the shock,gear,chain,etc.....ran it at ROCK in DEC2 to get good air....and that is what you get.....

So your story about taking an EXOTIC bike to show numbers then having to modify other bikes to catch up ...simply is not the case..

Sorry but the numbers that the REAL H2 shows would make it almost a joke if KAWASAKI and RG really wanted to show THE TRUTH!!!

So again....stocker for stocker...there is a lot of bikes that would hurt it.I understand and even said it that RG has a job to do and is getting paid for it..i hope.....if it was another magazine..or rider...we would critisize it....but RG should get a pass?Not really..sorry....hating and the truth hurt sometimes....:2thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
RICKEY i see you are reading this.....Now tell me this is not the truth......if it is not....then bring that H2H...swb harder to ride but you can right....i will bring my swb BUSA againts that exotic....mine has still stock wheels...and we can go at it....and even foot shifting if you want.....EPPING,LEBANON....just chose....lets see if i am hating or real about it.....i knew they would never show the H2 stock....i said it when they got the numbers out.....numbers are numbers....let me know buddy....i would love to see the outcome....and i would be a fan for life if i am wrong...:2thumbs:

·
Registered
35 Posts
RICKEY i see you are reading this.....Now tell me this is not the truth......if it is not....then bring that H2H...swb harder to ride but you can right....i will bring my swb BUSA againts that exotic....mine has still stock wheels...and we can go at it....and even foot shifting if you want.....EPPING,LEBANON....just chose....lets see if i am hating or real about it.....i knew they would never show the H2 stock....i said it when they got the numbers out.....numbers are numbers....let me know buddy....i would love to see the outcome....and i would be a fan for life if i am wrong...:2thumbs:
Well Damn!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think WE owe KAWASAKI industries a 'thumbs up' or at least a head nod for their efforts. Its the only major manufacturer out there thats building bikes with the strip in mind. All others can care less about our small sport. I own busas because they're cheap and cheap to mod, but I don't want to see everyone else with one too. Thats boring as hell! I welcome this new bike to the sportsman side of racing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like to see Manufactures do stuff like this. This breeds innovation and whether or not it performs like it is claimed or you were hoping, this has got the other manufactures and more importantly, peoples attention. Maybe the manfactures will step up their programs and will bring out a similar or better limited edition models and maybe they come out more frequently. When that day comes, we should all step back and thank Kawasaki and Rickey Gadson. I am tired of "limited edition" colors being the only limited edition bikes out there.

If we keep hating on everything that is not a Hayabusa, then there will be not any Real street/Prostreet zx-14's and 1000's. That will be a sad day for the sport.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts