Psychobike banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how bad of a recipe do you guys think im brewing?

Stock motor 02 bandit 1200 except cams and a clutch
Stock jetted carbs
K&n pod filter
Vance and hines pro pipe
Dyna 2000 ignition
Msd launch master
Nx sportsman 80 shot on 93 octane
Nos mini controller
Ect.

The plugs read damn near perfect timing is spot on but it still a tad rich

Im switching to a 100 shot and using methanol for the fuel instead of gas so i can add some timing back in it do you think this combo will work or is it a shrapnel show waiting to happen?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valve springs for sure. Keep an eye on the wrist pins.
Good to know im actually surprised i have gotten away with the 80 shot and stock valve springs as long as i have (20-25 2.5lb bottles) but i am really anal when it comes to rpms it very very rarely sees over 10k rpm. I'm trying to keep this thing "cheap" so does anybody know if ape wrist pins will fit in stock pistons? If i have too ill just buy pistons

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Valve springs for sure. Keep an eye on the wrist pins.
Good to know im actually surprised i have gotten away with the 80 shot and stock valve springs as long as i have (20-25 2.5lb bottles) but i am really anal when it comes to rpms it very very rarely sees over 10k rpm. I'm trying to keep this thing "cheap" so does anybody know if ape wrist pins will fit in stock pistons? If i have too ill just buy pistons
Jay would be the guy to PM. He does after all work at APE...........

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Valve springs, head studs, new head gasket, raise the oil pressure. If its tuned right and don't lean out your fine with a 100 shot. That motor can handle more abuse than u think.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
For head studs I strongly recommend using arp2000 10mm busa studs. They are identical to the stock studs with the tapered neck. Been there done that. For the rest call ape.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would also give Brock a shout, he ran a bandit back in the day and was first to 7's with it.
I'm sure he can share alot of trial and error experience with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts