Psychobike banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
yep r1 rear caliper and bracket are the way to go for sure for easiest and effecient install

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey shorttrack that is a stock busa hanger. I could definitely use that TL brake stay if you think it will allow more contact. Let me know how much, I would appreciate it. I tried going with the R1 rear caliper and the Adams top mount brake stay but I dont have an extended swingarm so there was no where to mount it on a stock swingarm and it wouldnt line up with the mounting bolts on the caliper. It aslo caused problems with lining up the rear wheel to the front. So I figured I would go with this setup until I get an extended swingarm and then mount my R1 caliper and top mount assembly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need to get a hold the axle to fit first gen ive already sent a few pms no response any one has one or knows how to get one please text me or email me 813 297 4509 email is [email protected] names Robert thanks every one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chopaleg is no longer on this site, can anyone answer some questions about his axle that I have. There is a space with the axle fitted, is this for the bolt to be able to tighten? What torque spec do I use on the bolt provided and do I use locktite to secure it? Lastly the one side is longer that the other, is this so you can centre the rim?

Any ones help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dylan

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, I would like to do it a little backwards. Anyone have any info an '07 GSXR1K front wheel and rotors in an '08 R1 fork? So I can use the 6-piston calipers. Which clamps to use? I have some 1st gen Busa.
Tnx
G

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well just got my r1 rims with new tires mounted on them for my gen2. weight difference is not much, weighed both rears with everything, same gear, one tire was old .ones new, busa weighed 1.3 ponds more, but that was probably disk size weight as r1 disk is 2 inches smaller. not sure on front yet. not worth it as weight savings. but I do like the look. got to get r1 hanger and caliper. gen2 does not work unless you space rear disk out. and still it will only grab a little of it. so r1 it is.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
does anyone have a closeup pic of the r1 rear wheel on a busa? I want to know if you use that black dustcover/ spacer on the R1 wheel with the busa spacers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
does anyone have a closeup pic of the r1 rear wheel on a busa? I want to know if you use that black dustcover/ spacer on the R1 wheel with the busa spacers.
I literally just dropped the R1 wheel right in. Stock caliper hanger, stock swingarm shim, R1 wheel spacers only. Lines up great on the Gen 1.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually do have a question about the different years of R1 wheels. I have an 06 rear on my gen 1. When searching eBay for some more spares (and a front wheel), I noticed that they are broken up into groups of years, but they all look the same. Are there certain years of R1 wheels that don't fit a Gen 1 Busa? Do the newer 09+ wheels drop right in like the 04 - 06 rears do? Or is the hub spacing different? Same with the fronts, will they all work with the same adapter axle, and are all the brake rotors spaced the same and 310mm?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So, you didnt use the busa spacers at all? What do you mean....busa swingarm shim"
on gear side it is off 1/8'' so use 1/8 spacer, on brake side I had to make a spacer, r1 rim width is smaller. I used r1 brake stay, gen1 will work, gen2 will not work with it. some use a spacer on brake side, depends on arms, my mac arm needed one. stock might be ok.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
on gear side it is off 1/8'' so use 1/8 spacer, on brake side I had to make a spacer, r1 rim width is smaller. I used r1 brake stay, gen1 will work, gen2 will not work with it. some use a spacer on brake side, depends on arms, my mac arm needed one. stock might be ok.
u use r1 spacer that come with there rims

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
u use r1 spacer that come with there rims
I was getting mixed information. First I was told to not use the R1 stuff and use all the busa spacers. Ill play with it some more tomorrow and use the R1 spacers. Hopefully, I wont need to shim my arm.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts