Psychobike banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
:2thumbs:
K guys this is a pic of a stock gen 2 busa front axle and a stock r1 axle with machined bushings to slide onto r1 axle to allow it to be clamped into busa forks...do a search for the bushing specs cause shorttrack has post all that for us!

you did a dam good job.you should make a kit to do the swap.:2thumbs:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
if anyone wants a badass light weight rear brake disc for the R-1 rim,yana shiki makes one for about for $90.00-$100.00 . i ordered it from MOTOSPORT,also BILLET CYCLES have them.there are cheaper ones to be found on ebay from china that look & work good but then there will be a long wait to receive it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
here is my front finally installed (lack of time with a newborn at the house, im not complaining cause i love it), had to space the front rotor out like shorttrack has posted up on the other thread on this, and for an update for everyone that with the gen 2 busa w/radial mount brakes you got to run a 09-11 R1 rotor up front.... I got a 09-11 r1 front rotor w/mounting bolts for the gen2 for sale in garage section and also got an 07-08 r1 front rotor for the gen1 for sale in the garage section....

·
Registered
57 Posts
That R1 wheel.would be badazz with the carbon.fiber dip..... Somebody post pics of that please
Workin on it but I'm gonna be riding the bike until my other one is ready and then I'm gonna have it done. Thought I was gonna have something no one else had thought of.... Oh well lol

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That R1 wheel.would be badazz with the carbon.fiber dip..... Somebody post pics of that please
i will be taking my 08 apart this winter. sending the rims to be candy powder coated.re-paint fairings (airtech 8'' over tail,catalyst 3/4 front),& do a 1475 cc billeted block,h beam rods ,ported head,cams etc.it will be a all motor bike.will post photo's when completed.

·
Registered
855 Posts
here is mine completed finally...for me the R1 wheels topped it off!

Reactions: Pruitt'sBusa

·
Registered
855 Posts
thanks shorttrack! i really appreciate your time talking to me about doing this setup, your advice really got the mod heading in the right direction!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I did mine and it was expensive. But as long as your going for mostly cosmetic difference it's worth it. The weight savings was minimal at best!

·
Registered
726 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts