1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Do you have a way to weigh them? I really dont think you are going to get any weight savings between a Gen 2 stock wheel and an R1 stock wheel.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Its a slight difference but im also doing it for the look. but need to know adjustments also

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Do you have a way to weigh them? I really dont think you are going to get any weight savings between a Gen 2 stock wheel and an R1 stock wheel.
i have done the complete swap,saved 6 + lbs & gained a solid tenth in the 1\8. it is way worth the mod for the cost.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just put a R1 wheel on the back of my 08 busa-You need to mill .120 off the rear caliper hanger, or you could make a thicker spacer to go between the caliper hanger and rear wheel.

·
Registered
855 Posts
shorttrack has put some good information out there on this subject. do a search for it and you will find it...im going with the r1 rear brake setup also it way lighter as well and the pads will line up with the rotor properly:2thumbs:

·
Registered
205 Posts
depending on your swingarm make,chain alignment offset may vary from swingarm to swingarm.
If you do not mill the caliper hanger- the (gen 2 busa) caliper and the R1 rotor will not be properly aligned, at first I was going to shave some off the right side wheel spacer.....but the spacer is already flush with the dust seal. My rear axle would not go thru the wheel when I first tried because the caliper hanger was so out of alignment.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you do not mill the caliper hanger- the (gen 2 busa) caliper and the R1 rotor will not be properly aligned, at first I was going to shave some off the right side wheel spacer.....but the spacer is already flush with the dust seal. My rear axle would not go thru the wheel when I first tried because the caliper hanger was so out of alignment.
use a R-1 CALIPER& HANGER W/PROPER SPACING AS THIS COMBO RADIALLY WILL BE THE CORRECT MEASUREMENT.NOT TO MENTION THE R-1 brake assy is much lighter than the 2nd gen busa & has less drag on the disc.with the R-1 hanger flush to the rear rim spacer the caliper will line up axially,then make a spacer for between the hanger & swing arm,your done.

·
Registered
855 Posts
for those of you that are installing the r1 rear caliper and hanger, i thought i would share my setup. it was simple and perfect install on my bike. of course remember as already stated, there are differences between swingarms.....i used the original busa rear axle with the oem adjuster blocks on the outside of the swingarm, i used the r1 spacers on the inside of the swingarm and the r1 brake hanger and caliper so therefore the hanger is properly spaced between the rotor, now i used the right side r1 adjuster block as a space filler on the inside of the swingarm between the hanger and the swingarm... this worked perfect in my swingarm with absolute no machining or grinding....

·
Registered
855 Posts
the only aftermarket thing i had to do was drill and tap to hole in the hanger and installed to stainless steel socket head bolts, then i shrinkwrapped them for a rubber bumper. this will rest on top the swingarm and keep the brake assembly from spinning around when you hit the brake.... of course there is other option of how to do this im just sharing what i did and i have less than 5 bucks in it and a little time.....

Reactions: Pruitt'sBusa

·
Registered
855 Posts
K guys this is a pic of a stock gen 2 busa front axle and a stock r1 axle with machined bushings to slide onto r1 axle to allow it to be clamped into busa forks...do a search for the bushing specs cause shorttrack has post all that for us!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts