Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2015 "Preliminary" IDBL Pro Street rules are now on http://www.mirdrag.com/temp/2015_idbl_rulebook_prostreet.pdf

All revisions from last year's rules are made in the color blue for easy reference. Anything in black is the same as 2014 rules.

Riders have until January 23, 2015 to submit any concerns or suggestions to [email protected] for review. IDBL officials will review all concerns and suggestions on January 24-25, 2015, and will post the final 2015 IDBL Rulebook on January 26, 2015 on IDBL

As a service to our racers this process will give our IDBL racers a chance to see revisions before they are final and a chance to voice their input. Please keep this calm and professional. Thank you everyone!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Everything looks good to me, only 1 question. On the Liter turbo bikes that are allowed M1 fuel is that with a intercooler as well? Doesn't matter to me just want some clarity.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good catch Cecil! It will need to be changed to allow "M1" or "Gas with an Intercooler" in the final rules.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the changes... Looks like some of the combos that are struggling will get some help...

Reactions: tuningfoRk

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like it!

Should be some more 1000s interested in methanol without intercooler and super-light package.

Helps the big guys and keeps the small guys from adding so much weight and running big guy wheelbase.

Helps the ZX-14 with ground clearance.

Questions:

Rider weigh in: Is it just once at initial tech inspection or mutiple times in a weekend?

Concerns:

Big Bore Turbo with integral case (ZX-14): You gave them a benefit of 2" clearance but took away the benefit of 25lb deduction. I think they still need the deduction...

Nitrous big bore: Slider bikes will be 10lbs lighter, run M1 and be 3" longer??? I was hoping they would get 2" extra to even things up a little. I an cool with it, but please tell eveyone to build arms with adjusatbility inward when you have to change the rules. :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You only need to gain 5 lbs to go to 70". The 70" combo was never meant for the smaller guys anyways, it was meant for the big guys. Now it's written in the rules that way.
I know Jason I'm just outside the window and I will have to change. Would have liked to see another weight category between 160 and 180. We will still go fast. My wife keeps hassling me to lose weight lol. I'm going to call this the Bud Yoder rule!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know Jason I'm just outside the window and I will have to change. Would have liked to see another weight category between 160 and 180. We will still go fast. My wife keeps hassling me to lose weight lol. I'm going to call this the Bud Yoder rule!
Yes, Bud changed some things... He is one bad dude.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Helps the ZX-14 with ground clearance.

Questions:

Rider weigh in: Is it just once at initial tech inspection or mutiple times in a weekend?

Concerns:

Big Bore Turbo with integral case (ZX-14): You gave them a benefit of 2" clearance but took away the benefit of 25lb deduction. I think they still need the deduction...

I agree, the 2" ground clearance will help us out the most. As for deducting 25 pounds, I fall in to 194 to 205 rider at 71" at 700 under big bore turbo. Plus I have to add 15 pounds for my stock bore / stroke 1441 engine. If I can get to 715 it will be an accomplishment alone.

But possibly a gain for a nitrous entry....to pull 25 pounds off with the already permitted 2" ground clearance.

Or a light rider in big bore turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
I think the rules are good. It would be less confusing to state the big bore turbo weight breaks as Min rider weight, rather than inserting a range since I assume a heavier rider isn't going to be forced to make their bike longer.

68"-650lbs, No Min Rider Weight
69"-675lbs, No Min Rider Weight
70"-700lbs, 185lb Min Rider weight
71"-700lbs, 195lb Min Rider weight
72"-700lbs, 205lb Min Rider weight
73"-700lbs, 215lb Min Rider weight

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the rules are good. It would be less confusing to state the big bore turbo weight breaks as Min rider weight, rather than inserting a range since I assume a heavier rider isn't going to be forced to make their bike longer.

68"-650lbs, No Min Rider Weight
69"-675lbs, No Min Rider Weight
70"-700lbs, 185lb Min Rider weight
71"-700lbs, 195lb Min Rider weight
72"-700lbs, 205lb Min Rider weight
73"-700lbs, 215lb Min Rider weight
I had thought of that John, but just couldn't fit all that in my nice and neat little table, LOL

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Why not a weight check at the end of the track so u know they stay in weight? All they gotta do is roll over the scales on their bike. Not that hard. And someone like myself even if I starved myself I could never go under 200lbs so us fat ass' need the help. U damn trophy models need to eat up lol.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Why not a weight check at the end of the track so u know they stay in weight? All they gotta do is roll over the scales on their bike. Not that hard. And someone like myself even if I starved myself I could never go under 200lbs so us fat ass' need the help. U damn trophy models need to eat up lol.
Total combo weight is checked nearly every pass during qualifying and Eliminations. Rider weight would only be checked during initial qualifying, as it is currently done in Realstreet.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Total combo weight is checked nearly every pass during qualifying and Eliminations. Rider weight would only be checked during initial qualifying, as it is currently done in Realstreet.
John is correct. There is only so much weight a person can drop after initial weigh in at tech. This has been done in Real Street for years.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts