Psychobike banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently adjusted my tps sensor and then re-adjusted the tps settings on the PC. Everything looked fine. Took it to the track and noticed on the data logs the throttle position readings were all over place. My Wideband is tapped into the PC harness to get the tps signal. So that lead me to rechecking the PC tps setting. Looking at the laptop with the bike not running, I can turn the throttle and see every position 1-100 perfect. Start the bike up and the tps reading is not accurate. At 1/4 throttle/4000rpm it shows 0% on the laptop. WOT only shows 91%. I've tried and tried to re-sync the PC but it just wont.

Anyone ever have this problem?

·
BUSY GETN BLOWN
2,569 Posts
I recently adjusted my tps sensor and then re-adjusted the tps settings on the PC. Everything looked fine. Took it to the track and noticed on the data logs the throttle position readings were all over place. My Wideband is tapped into the PC harness to get the tps signal. So that lead me to rechecking the PC tps setting. Looking at the laptop with the bike not running, I can turn the throttle and see every position 1-100 perfect. Start the bike up and the tps reading is not accurate. At 1/4 throttle/4000rpm it shows 0% on the laptop. WOT only shows 91%. I've tried and tried to re-sync the PC but it just wont.

Anyone ever have this problem?
Dont know what kind of wideband your running, but on my Wego3 you have to set it up in the logger software to match the TPS closed & open voltage's(use a volt meter). Seeing how you re-adjusted your TPS, you may need to go back into the software and re-set the inputs?:beer:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Dynojet wideband commander. I went back and re-adjusted that too. Its the PC that will not show accurate tps readings on the laptop. I put the wideband right to the tps sensor on the bike last night and the wideband reads just fine. It's not the wideband, it's the PC that off somehow.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Hey I have messed with my pc3 throttle position values also. First you need to connect the wideband directly to the bikes tps which you have already done. That will fix your main problem. You may have to readjust the pc3 throttle position values now if you have fooled with them and fyi I found my pc3 throttle values to be inaccurate from dynojet because it reads differently when the bike is running compared to key on engine off readings keep this in mind when readjusting. Get some numbers by calling dynojet and write them down they are a good starting point and if you totally screw it up you can go back to these. It takes alot of trial and error to get it right at least it did for me anyways. Goodluck

·
Registered
539 Posts
:applause: Everybody this a common problem with the pc111 on the 06 gsxr1000. To stablize the throttle position sensor dyno jet advised me to remove one of two wire that grounds to the negative side of the battery and relocate it directly to the throttle position sensor. so the black/white ground wire needs to be cut and ran to the negative wire on the throttle position sensor....Believe me it works i do all my bikes like this, it keeps your throttle position stabile. :2thumbs:

·
Registered
123 Posts
We've had the same problem and tried everything, Dynojet made us update the firmware, didn't work, update the maps, didn't work, sent them the unit and got a new one back, it worked! :idontknow:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Sorry guys, I had to bring this on back from the dead.

I have always been bothered by the fluctuating throttle position values on my 2006 GSXR 1000. Calibration, firmware upgrades, connection checks and so on never fixed this issue. Whenever I used the software to set minimum and maximum values, the actual value would vary by as much as 800 units. Example: 8200 units min. and 27800 units max. With the throttle closed, bike idling at operating temperature the value would go from 8100- 8900 units. So setting minimum value at 8100 would cause the closed tps value to jump from 0-3%. I came across this thread and decided to follow ( 1bagd )'s advice. I clipped the black/ white tracer ground wire from the PCIII running to the negative battery terminal and ran a jumper to the TPS ground. Fired the bike up, did the min/ max calibration. BOOM... TPS is solid as a rock and responds to small blips which it never has before, i actually can tune out the choppy idle up to 3000 rpm caused my slip-on! Thank bro for the four year old advice! LOL!:hysterical:

Reactions: Wedge426

·
Registered
1 Posts
so the black/white ground wire needs to be cut and ran to the negative wire on the throttle position sensor....Believe me it works i do all my bikes like this, it keeps your throttle position stabile. :2thumbs:
having the same problem on a Gen1 Busa .... I assume the Black wire on the TPS is ground? only reason i ask is because i get .3volts on the black wire with a volt meter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts