Psychobike banner

owner of hub city

934 views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  danzyman 
#1 ·
maybe if yall invest in some seating it will solve the problem of all the people standing in the way trying to see the big races with only one stand to sit on and one fence line to stand on :wtf1:yall exspect

#2 ·
We had 3,000 seats until Hurricane Katrina, still have 1/2 mile of fence. The track hasnt paid its way for 7 years now, and since Mardi Gras got rained out I,m sure it will loose money again this year.

It,s for sale, you can buy it, and then you can buy 3,000 new seats for about 120K so everyone can sit and watch.

The point is Insurance regulations state that the most dangerous area on the race track is the burnout box area, and absolutly no spectators to be allowed in this area. I have some ideas to keep it clear from here on out, and they will be implemented starting this weekend.

But you should be able to tell someone they need to move and they do it without having to stop a race 5 to 6 times.

#4 ·
It wouldnt matter if they did have all them seats the same thing will happen. To many people that have nothing to do with the race stand on the line for no reason betting 5$ a run. The biggest race of the night was sup and pj and i watched it from the fence about 150ft out and had a better view than anybody on the line. Thats my 2cents!

#6 ·
this happens every year! its just something we have to put up with!
even the big boy tracks have people get in the burnout box!
but thats after all classes and everything is over!
i just dont understand why, all those tracks, can handle their crowds until the after dark kicks off?

we all know it gets crazy at grudge time with all dem 20's floating around at the starting line, but
while ur in the stands, everyone can cordinate better on gambling!
u in the burnout box, u cant see shit or hear shit!
let the boys that with the team and thats it, noone else!

yall just stop now, its not going anywhere! he even said buy the track and u can worry about it!
its not the stands, its the crowd!
we had more bikes there on a car event, than they had cars!
we must be doing something right, they were alot of people there in the m/c family!

#7 ·
i think that the rules need to be enforced,real police at the burn out box instead of flash light cops.it also need to be enforced at the stageing lane,thats where most of the problem starts.move there a s s back two person to a bike and thats thats.:2thumbs:

#8 ·
its not just the hub , dam ner every track u go to is that way , our local track started 2 people per car/bike per lane thats it !!!!!!!!!! , the rest have to stay in the staging lanes , or they stop the racing till the croud complys , seems to be workin good so far !!!!

#25 ·
I beg to differ because big tracks like VALDOSTA, GAINESVILLE absolutely positively do not allow anyone into their water box area period!!!!!

Its not just the amount of seats its having the staff that will enforce the tracks rules! all night long !

i admit its fun bein up close to snap pics but a better view s always from the stands or sidelines!

maybe tracks should have a gated area where when the 2 bikes are staging the gate is shut behind them and only the line up men in their respective camps can be within the gated area!

when they launch the gat s open and 2 more enter and its shut again. Gainesville uses this method during test and tune. tracks should use it during its grudge events simply rope off the burn out box till 2 launch and let 2 more in! just my 2 cents!:2thumbs:

#9 ·
These people feel like their manhood gets challanged when someone ask them to back up or get out the burnout box. Why get all bent out of shape when you know the reason they need you to back up. I've known Ricky for years and when he tells my ass to get out the burnout box I do it. No argument and my feelings are not hurt one bit. Its the people that have nothing to do with the bikes sitting there betting there $5 dollars that are causing the issues. My suggestion for the track is to get those cattle gates and keep the staging lanes closed so nobody can cross them. 2 bike or cars to be let loose into the burnout box with 2 people per vehicle.

#10 ·
never saw the burnout crowded at No Problem.. plenty of stands and standing room.... :2thumbs:

#12 ·
Its always a headache w folks on track at hub. Most tracks have it where u can get along rail up to starting line and atleast see good. We went to rock last year and they got standing room all along the staging lane and up to the starting line. I don't say its right but a lot of these guys wanna b right there where its going down. I like to for sure so I can see what the bikes are doing. I didn't get to see supa and pj cause 10 million folks at the line and I was behind waterbox. Got to be a easy way to get folks closer to track but. Not on it or in staging lanes?? Reroute fenced area?? Nothing on other side as far as room to stand or sit ? Hub has got weird arangement cause track is so high that it would b hard to make something down the edge like goathill, rockingham, memphis, holly springs and da gump etc... Ilike watching but u aint doing it from line at hubcity!!!

#14 ·
why is it that no one has built a walk way, say 15 -20 ft wide or so, going over top of the burnout box? shade for the rider waiting, and keeps people getting the views they want, without getting in the way. surely you can buy some 2x6s and some concrete to do it for a few grand

#15 ·
stay off the line

I hope what's planned for this weekend works. I agree that too many people crowd the starting line. It's fine until someone gets seriously hurt and the insurance company drops the policy. Some feel the excitement is in the staging lanes around all the trash talking. From that point it's almost impossible to keep a large number of people from wanting to see what happens. Find a way to keep the large crowds out of the staging lanes and your problem is fixed. On that same note, there should be enough seating to accommodate the spectators. The stands were packed and cars were backed in at the fence line taking up most of the standing room.

#17 ·
I hope what's planned for this weekend works. I agree that too many people crowd the starting line. It's fine until someone gets seriously hurt and the insurance company drops the policy. Some feel the excitement is in the staging lanes around all the trash talking. From that point it's almost impossible to keep a large number of people from wanting to see what happens. Find a way to keep the large crowds out of the staging lanes and your problem is fixed. On that same note, there should be enough seating to accommodate the spectators. The stands were packed and cars were backed in at the fence line taking up most of the standing room.
:2thumbs: Its only gonna take one chain to sling of a bike and its gonna be ugly! It scares me when im next in line on the bike. I put my sheild down and duck my head! Hell i see some looking right at the bike from behind.

#20 ·
I am working on a solution right now. Should have something in place for this weekend. I know if I was still riding a bike I would not want those fools in my way. Truth is we need more seats but can not afford them. I just bought 500 feet of coated yellow rope. I am planning on having everything roped off a ready for this Sunday. Bikes will have Lanes 5 and 6 to thereself.

#22 ·
Last time I was there, they actually came out on the track and pulled the tree down,that's how bad it was I agree even if they had seating it would still be the same BS
We actually had to bump people to get to into the burnout box.
More Rent-a-Cops means more money, and track even looses more$$$$.
This is one of the worst tracks I've been to where this happens, Except one in Texas Navasota I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.