Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys tired of the turbo Busa stuff, building an old school shootout bike, thinking about front end stuff, my plan is Nlr offset triples (1000 spacing) with Ohlins forks radial brembos and 16 inch front Marvic, 12 over Mac arm with Busa axle blocks to run 6.25 rear Marvic,
Does anyone have experience with offset triples fitted, I plan to run oem front panels and I'm concerned about lever and control clearances.
Anyone use a wuss diaphram lock up? I've got one but po had no install directions or tune up info.
Dave

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So..... Got a set of Marvic piumas , 6.25 rear and 16 inch front, got a trick set of McIntosh triples coming, 1000 bore centers, Busa bores, one off gsxr1100 stem, ( 1/2 offset) , also 10 over Allumipro with gsxr1100 pivot linkage with Busa billet end blocks for Marvic,
Pics to follow

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts are starting to trickle in, got front and rear rotors (Galfer) for 99-07 Busa, ordered 49-50-51 tooth vortex rears, got billet catch can from Japan, sent road and track Busa Ohlins to machinist to have them cut internally and externally. Hmnnnn....
Dave

·
Registered
718 Posts
Had one just like this back in the early 90's. Beautiful example of the breed you have there. I tried and dumped a ton of money into mine but never got it to run. 88mm pistons. Big stroker crank. High dollar everything. Never ran better than a stock bike. I'd like to try again like you're doing with a few modern upgrades.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you use the 1/2" or 1" offset triples I have a 92 and want to do the offset triples but was worried about clearance for exhaust, oil cooler, and frame for turning.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are 1/2 offset McIntosh triples, they are close to the collector when fully compressed. But there's at least 1,1/2 clearance plenty for straight line racing.
D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the bike went well IMO, went 9.30's at 144-148 mph all motor, at 6500 feet above sea level. Chassis is right left on the two step at 8500 rpm no drama, typical 136-141 sixty foots, hardly pulled the wheel. Thinking about selling or parting it this winter. Will post it in the classifieds shortly. Now has 03 Gsxr 1000 radial mount front end, no longer has Ohlins /brembos.
Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "dbusa、投稿:1709265、メンバー:12005"]
ここに更新があります:

古い学校のクールな私の考え
デイブ
[/見積もり]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts