Psychobike banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,i have PTV problem on the inlets of my gsxr 1100.I only have .34mm so need to spend some time on my lathe:confused:.Never done this before so igot a couple of questions,can anyone tell me the included angle and is taking 1mm off of my je pistons gonna be ok?I dont know how thin you can run them.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't give advice without knowing details but there is enough material to fly cut the pistons somewhat...I don't remember the included angle.
My 85mm JE Ultralight's had dome height reduced, dome diameter reduced and valve relief's fly cut.
I sold the motor to a drag racer in Texas who then sold the whole bike to a guy in Ok who didn't like the cam timing and redegreed the cams to his "special" numbers.
He bent a bunch of valves in my 195 HP street motor, got pissed off and sold the bike.
Good luck...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know my cam timing is good as ive run it with other pistons and the LCs came from probably THE most famous engine tuner that ever worked with suzuki..bar NONE:LOL:they most certainly arent anything i have just plucked out.Anything other than the measurement of my PTV is Utterly immitterial to any advice if you know how a top end works.All lathe fixtures are sorted ,solid and ready to go(y) Thanks for youre replys..quiet on here otherwise lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
i know my cam timing is good as ive run it with other pistons and the LCs came from probably THE most famous engine tuner that ever worked with suzuki..bar NONE:LOL:they most certainly arent anything i have just plucked out.Anything other than the measurement of my PTV is Utterly immitterial to any advice if you know how a top end works.All lathe fixtures are sorted ,solid and ready to go(y) Thanks for youre replys..quiet on here otherwise lol
1) You are putting way too much value on the cam timing numbers. You can be +/- 2-3 degrees and won't be able to measure hardly any difference with a street motor.

2) There are no "secrets" when it comes to cam timing numbers. Nobody cares what they are. Stop acting like you have some super-secret-special-handshake information that only 3 people on the planet possess. You are being a prick about it. Nobody wants to help someone acting like a prick.

3) If you are trying to cut pockets on a lathe, boy you are doing it the hard way.

4) Finding the valve angle is a pretty easy measurement. If you don't know how to do it, or don't have the equipment, then I am suspicious that this is a job you can do yourself.

4) Since you clearly know more than everyone on here, maybe you should try and find information from someone that is more of an expert than either yourself, or apparently anyone on here. Maybe try the most famous Suzuki engine builder ever. I hear that you know him. Or her.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't give advice without knowing details but there is enough material to fly cut the pistons somewhat...I don't remember the included angle.
My 85mm JE Ultralight's had dome height reduced, dome diameter reduced and valve relief's fly cut.
I sold the motor to a drag racer in Texas who then sold the whole bike to a guy in Ok who didn't like the cam timing and redegreed the cams to his "special" numbers.
He bent a bunch of valves in my 195 HP street motor, got pissed off and sold the bike.
Good luck...
I have a lot of good information I could have shared on this subject. But after reading the OPs entire list of posts, I decided to keep it to myself.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good to see you are still around Phil and I know you have a lot of well earned info.
Cycle Concepts has been around for quite a while and you guys have always been very helpful.
I bought a set of Crower rods from Dwayne (IIRC) that were in that street motor I mentioned.
Hope all is well
Hank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts