Psychobike banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a wet nos system on my Busa powered dragbike and I'm running 2 fuel regulators does anybody have any suggestions like running a return on the second regulator or does anyone have pix of their nos setup so I can get and ideal Thx psychobike family

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
you can run one regulator and run 2 pumps. A nitrous pump doesnt really need a regulator. Its should be fixed at low pressure...4-7pounds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a nos fuel pump part# 15760 and what is that pumps fuel pressure and should I run a regulator to that nos fuel pump

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
What a pumps pressure is while static and what it is while flowing can be drastically different. Jet size will have a lot to do with that on most kit pumps. So with that being written you'll know why giving a correct answer could vary. Install it and flow test it with planned jets. Best way to know is with a A/F sensor as long as you know what it should be given the fuel you plan to use.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running a 40 shot which is a 16 and 14 jet and I do have a Wego 3 on the bike and the fuel I plan on running is vp110. I know that's not a big shot of nitrous but I need to get from a 8.60 to 8.20 ish or quicker to make the quick 32 field which is mainly the bump spot of 8.40 or below

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a nos fuel pump part# 15760 and what is that pumps fuel pressure and should I run a regulator to that nos fuel pump
I don't like the low pressures of the nos pumps.. 51/2-6 psi..small fluctuation. I put a Holley blue with built in regulator on my GS fat tire bracket bike...love it.. It flow tests with no drop at 61/2 psi...its tested every run to check with the same outlet dia. As my fuel jets...even checked with a go pro while on a run. Best my plugs ever looked:) I run a 100hp progressive with 10 degrees of timing taken out..safe:)
Going to run the same basic set up on my 1441 Gen1 Busa ..street trim.
Billy Vose helped me out with information a while back and I went from 7.90's with same hp jets...down to 7.60's with a safe tune.. Bike weight- 425lbs
Thanks to Phsyco bike Family... Cheers 2015

·
Registered
27 Posts
nitrous pump

You cannot run 2 bypass/return regulators off 1 pump.. It will default the system pressure to the lowest of 2 settings.. Are you running carbs on the bike or injection?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My posts were under the assumption that it had injection which in that case a second pump would be best. If carbs done and setup correctly, then only a pump for the nitrous would be needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts