Psychobike banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some information before making any changes this winter. Currently I have a 2010 ZX14. Motor is stock bore/stroke. 14:1 compression, Wossner Rods, APE springs/retainers, WEB cams, ported head. I have been running MS109 fuel. Running an O2 sensor so staying away from leaded fuel. I'm looking to put a wet nitrous kit on this winter. I was planning on pulling timing w/PCV ignition module and using a NOS mini to control the nitrous. Here are my questions. If I want to progress 100hp using a wet spraybar, will I still be able to do that on MS109. Will I need to run a larger jet in the fuel side since MS109 is oxygenated? Will pulling 6 degrees be enough? What is the ideal AFR on spray? 12.0:1? Thanks for any information, I just want to know what I have to do before I start spending money.

Nick

·
Registered
139 Posts
I run vp import and I use to run q16 and they are leaded never hurt the 02 sensor with a wet kit 12:5-12.8 afr is ideal. 6 degrees is good start point but I no some guys spay a 100 with less timing pulled than that. Wish I new a lil more about that fuel most run c16, c23, ql6, import with that kind of compression

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got turned on to the MS109 by the VP dealer when called and explained what I was doing on motor. I google searched running MS109 with nitrous and couldn't find any good info. I can post the spec sheet for the fuel from the VP site if that would help. I'm not against running another fuel, I have just been told running leaded fuel and an O2 sensor will kill the sensor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I Looked at spec sheet dont look like enough octane detonation will be a prob. It only 101 octane not enough in my opinion with your comp at 14:1 and 100 shot. It say 11:1 with boost and 13:1 natural aspirated. Need more octane

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MotorSport 109™
In engines that can run on pump gas, MS109 is a direct replacement that produces more power than any other unleaded fuel - up to 5% more than premium unleaded. Recommended for applications with up to 25 lbs of boost and naturally aspirated engines with CRs up to 15:1. Compared to other unleaded fuels, MS109 offers better detonation protection as well.

TYPICAL VALUES
• Color: Clear
• Motor Octane 101
• Research Octane: 109
• R+M/2: 105
• Specific Gravity: .722 at 60° F

This is straight from the VP website. Where did you see the 13.1 number at?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well let me ask this, how long have you been running the VP import with the O2 Sensor? If it kills it over 3-4 seasons, not a big deal. I just don't want it to go bad mid run and throw me way lean.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I readProduct ID:*VPFMS1095

In engines that can run on pump gas, MS 109 is a direct replacement that produces up to 5% more than premium unleaded. Recommended for higher boost applications with CRs up to 11:1 or naturally aspirated engines up to 13:1. Excellent in crate engine applications.

TYPICAL VALUES • Color: Clear • Motor Octane 101 • Research Octane: 109 • R+M/2: 105 • Specific Gravity: .722 at 60° F

I had read this on another site so sorry but If it was me I would want more octane but you probably will be ok as long as you tun it and read data logger and plugs and pull timing as need

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ran vp import on my sensor all this year. My old wego 3 that I had before I sold I ran 2 season with it using q16 and new guy got it his bike running it with c23 same sensor all year. I just dont want your to mke my mistake on nitrous leaning out and severe detonation. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, absolutely I appreciate the help. I have no problem changing fuel. I'll look into the VP import and see if I can find it around here. So going back to my questions, with the Oxygenated fuel, do I run the same fuel/nitrous jets? I have the dynojet autotune on mine with the bosch sensor, so it should be similar to the Wego 3. Thank you for all the info.

Nick

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got dynojet wideband commander which is same family. Yes nothing changes with jets same spread as nitrous company recommended.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oxygenated fuels with nitrous is a no - no. Nitrous speeds up the speed of combustion like crazy. You want a very slow burning fuel like C16 (already mentioned) because the nitrous accelerates combustion radically. Oxygenated fuels are great for all-motor because you can sneak in more fuel, but they burn way too fast for nitrous. C16 will actually slow down most non-nitrous motors at high rpms due to such slow combustion rates.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nitrous is an oxygenator. You don't need it in the fuel. There is no benefit to running oxygenated fuel with nitrous unless you are at the absolute max of performance and that is the only thing left that can be done.

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Yes import is an oxygenated fuel but you can spray the house down while using it. Its not like "MR12" smh

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
there is lots of oxynated fuels blended specifically for nitrous/turbo motors
q16 and vp import both are oxyed for a reason
so if believe not to use an oxy fuel on spray
then don't need the benifets of them 2 good fuels
that help keep the combustion chamber cooler
than just big octaine only,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

also o2 sensors get shorter life from a bad tune
more than from the fuel being used
too rich,,,soots the sensor