Psychobike banner

301 - 320 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am having a Bike built for the class. When can we at least get the rules so we can have the bike ready?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
guys,

this is the crossroad we are at......

we have no funding for the class. jason is totally fine with us running as an exhibition, meaning no purse or payout. but if we want to run this as a class, we need a class sponsor. jason, phil, and myself have spoken about this a few times. the question is this.....

all of the people entertaining running this class, are you ok with building a bike and running it with no purse?? we hope thas just a STARTING point, but there is no guarantee we will get a sponsor. but i feel the chances are better if we have a healthy exhibition class. i have talked to a few potential sponsors, but their concern is the cost to be a class sponsor. you have to pay the purse, and guarantee it as well i believe. despite bike count. MIROCK does not cut purses. so with the cost being a concern, and whether the class will be a success or not being in question. i feel the best thing to do is run it as an exhibition in the middle of the season to end at some point. i like that better than rushing it. reason being is that gives people enough time to build their bikes and when we DO exhibition it, it would show good results.

what do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
guys,

this is the crossroad we are at......

we have no funding for the class. jason is totally fine with us running as an exhibition, meaning no purse or payout. but if we want to run this as a class, we need a class sponsor. jason, phil, and myself have spoken about this a few times. the question is this.....

all of the people entertaining running this class, are you ok with building a bike and running it with no purse?? we hope thas just a STARTING point, but there is no guarantee we will get a sponsor. but i feel the chances are better if we have a healthy exhibition class. i have talked to a few potential sponsors, but their concern is the cost to be a class sponsor. you have to pay the purse, and guarantee it as well i believe. despite bike count. MIROCK does not cut purses. so with the cost being a concern, and whether the class will be a success or not being in question. i feel the best thing to do is run it as an exhibition in the middle of the season to end at some point. i like that better than rushing it. reason being is that gives people enough time to build their bikes and when we DO exhibition it, it would show good results.

what do you guys think??
How about a gamblers race style? 60% gate for 1st, 20% 2nd, 10% to the track, and 10% to pay for the burgers and hotdogs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
id like to try to build something for this class, even thou im only going to make 1 mir race and the atco race but rules would really make this choice easier....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kind of a turnoff. Everybody was hype, the idea is great, they even named the class. Said that the rules were right around the corner and now it seems like its falling apart. Exhibition was addressed from the start and understood by everyone. Seems like to me, the only thing needed is the rules to be put out and payouts adressed. We know there's no guarantee because there's no sponsor and its up to us as racers to make it or brake it. But we will never be able to do that if Mirock as a sanction doesn't tell us the gameplan. I appreciate considering the racers opinion but relying on us to all agree will never happen. Now tell us the rules, tell us the entry and payback ratio and tell us when and where were racing so we can come up with our builds. This is taking way to long. It's like deciding to have a baby, giving it a name, but never pulling off the rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Do the racers have to pay an entry fee for the class? If not we could have our own payout.
250 to enter and 60% to winner, 20% runner up, 10% to semi losers.
Just a suggestion.
I Can't figure out why some of the big name engine guys would not want to support and sponsor a class such as this.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Richard is helping with this as I am very busy with all of my other duties. Everything he has said in his post is true.

I said from the beginning that this would be an exhibition class unless a sponsor came along to pay for it. MIROCK's funds are tapped in the purses that we are paying now.

Everyone wanted to talk about rules first to see if something could be agreed upon to see if the idea of a class could be solid. Many people still cant agree on rules and want things there way, when the class needs everyone to just come together and agree on something whether you have to give up a few things on your wish list or not.

Then the meat and potatoes come in... funding.

It would be neat to see it happen, but if it does or doesnt these bikes can still be used in grudge. This could help level the playing field in grudge year round.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Do the racers have to pay an entry fee for the class? If not we could have our own payout.
250 to enter and 60% to winner, 20% runner up, 10% to semi losers.
Just a suggestion.
I Can't figure out why some of the big name engine guys would not want to support and sponsor a class such as this.
Yes, racers will have to pay an entry fee. Its costs the tracks and series money and time to send bikes down the track.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Kind of a turnoff. Everybody was hype, the idea is great, they even named the class. Said that the rules were right around the corner and now it seems like its falling apart. Exhibition was addressed from the start and understood by everyone. Seems like to me, the only thing needed is the rules to be put out and payouts adressed. We know there's no guarantee because there's no sponsor and its up to us as racers to make it or brake it. But we will never be able to do that if Mirock as a sanction doesn't tell us the gameplan. I appreciate considering the racers opinion but relying on us to all agree will never happen. Now tell us the rules, tell us the entry and payback ratio and tell us when and where were racing so we can come up with our builds. This is taking way to long. It's like deciding to have a baby, giving it a name, but never pulling off the rubber.
danny, i understand your frustration. i really do because i share that same frustration x10!! but no matter how bad we want it to happen, it cant be rushed. most classes are planned throughout the previous year, with plans of running it the NEXT YEAR! we started this in the offseason and some want to run it at the FIRST EVENT! i wanted to as well, until i realized how much goes into it. i have a preliminary rule book in my email from phil. i was told not to put them out until we were sure about EVERYTHING. but i will ask at what point can it be released, but hats not my call. but yes, we all have to pay a entry fee. regardless of whether there is a payback or not

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Jason, how much gate fee are you expeting to get from guys who are trying to pay out the purse from the entry fee? Could you live with $25 per bike while it's exhibition? That's about how much we pay for test-n-tune days. Just trying to find a way to make both sides happy and hopefully get this off the ground.
A Test & Tune has a much lower expense than an event like this, that is why they are cheaper. I would say that at least $50 needs to stay with the series.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Maybe I missed something. So we cant Just post :rulez:, entry fees, and we can make Announcements of Exibition passes before Grudge.
Danny Cox we will run you off the Trailor!!! :hysterical: You tech my bike in and I tech yours.:hysterical:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maybe I missed something. So we cant Just post :rulez:, entry fees, and we can make Announcements of Exibition passes before Grudge.
Danny Cox we will run you off the Trailor!!! :hysterical: You tech my bike in and I tech yours.:hysterical:
Haha u funny doc. It don't seem like nothing's happening any time soon. I was all for it but my bikes tore down now and I can't base my build on a class that's maybe maybe not. Ill probably go a different route but still run u off the trailer:hysterical:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yeah, Mine to. I wont make a decision tell my head comes back. I think they will work it out.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
id like to try to build something for this class, even thou im only going to make 1 mir race and the atco race but rules would really make this choice easier....
see what i was saying , maybe ! and alot to invest for a maybe class . upto you . figure it's gonna take 20k for this build .

301 - 320 of 340 Posts