Psychobike banner

281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Carpenter, they build house right? You want power come to 501 Performance RD...
Oh I have been there. Remember that spare change bike from 05ish . The sit in cradle grudge bike that only ran 8.0's when I got it........ But that's another story I can find or take some pics if that will jog your memory.

Good luck with the class. You should have a motor combo after you stole king Leo's combo lmao ( just kidding)

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
not sure how that is going to leave a mark, seemed pretty lame, just sell clutch leave the making power to us, but that looks like what you have done for years.. no that will leave a mark, OUCH..lol
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I'm the best at what I do...no matter what it is

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
just how r people supposed to build a bike in less than 2 months for a class? but if not alot show for the first race or 2 they will wanna scrub the class. like the 1000 rule changes in prostreet. change the rules and then say why didnt anybody show up at the next race with a 1000 ready to go. like people just throw these bikes together in a couple weeks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
just how r people supposed to build a bike in less than 2 months for a class? but if not alot show for the first race or 2 they will wanna scrub the class. like the 1000 rule changes in prostreet. change the rules and then say why didnt anybody show up at the next race with a 1000 ready to go. like people just throw these bikes together in a couple weeks
By looks of it they have a few things to work out. And they only talked little shit cause someone said they will come out if they made them changes in PST rules for 1000 and don't show up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
If you read all the post from Phil he said the rules won't be out till after the first of year....
The preliminary rule book is done. We are waiting to hear back from Jason at this point. I sent a message to him on Friday, asking him if he wanted us to wait to release the rules until after he had seen them, or if he was OK with our releasing the preliminary rules. He never responded back to me. When he does, we can move on from there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
For starters, the first MIRock event is 3 months away, not 2 months. And who said that this class would even be held at that event? At this point nothing has been decided, other than Jason has pretty much given us the OK to do something. Exactly what or when that will be has not been decided.

This is an exhibition class, we don't have any expectation that attendance will be immediately good no matter when the rules come out. If it takes all year, or even longer, for good attendance, then so be it. We have all been at this way too long to have expectations as unrealistic as thinking 2 or 3 events with this class would be any reasonable prediction of how successful the class would be in the long run. Give us a little more credit than that.

As for the 1000's, the owners of the 1000's claimed for years that they would show up immediately to race in Pro Street if they got the rules they wanted. And they were pretty nasty and personal about it some of the time. So they got what they wanted, then didn't back up any of the talk by failing to show up as they promised.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My guess is this wont be a full class and odds are the first all motor race wont happen until the events at the ROCK where the pro's arent running.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think I posted this in Rich's thread, but my vote would be for OEM blocks or a bore space rule. This would allow small shops to build a lot of motors or heads for the racers instead of big $$$ taking over the class with 90MM bores and destroked cranks and exotic offset heads...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
At this point all that has been discussed with me is to come up with some rules that everyone liked. Some racers got together and wanted to see if a set of rules could be figured out.

As for entry fees and purse it will depend on if the racers that want to run the class can secure a sponsor to put up the purse for it. This sponsor (whomever it is) and how much they put up will decide if it is for a couple races or for a season.

MIROCK cannot post a purse for this class as our budget for purses are already spent. The new 1/8 mile 4.60 class is being added because a sponsor has put up all the money for it.

In my opinion this should be run as an exhibition class for a couple races toward the middle or end of the year to see how it goes and then a sponsor secured to post a purse for 2014 to see it run possibly as a pro class.

·
Registered
814 Posts
well dang back to whateva i was going to do any way . looks as if nobody knows whats going to go on. this class sounds promising but is going to need a sponsor and a good crowd. maby they will get together on something but this will probably be next year.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
well dang back to whateva i was going to do any way . looks as if nobody knows whats going to go on. this class sounds promising but is going to need a sponsor and a good crowd. maby they will get together on something but this will probably be next year.
If you guys think this is an overnight thing you are sadly mistaken!!! This is a VERY involved process. If you don't think so, put together a class yourself! But anyway, I spoke with Jason today. There is a preliminary rule book written, but there are more things to iron out. As far as the first race, this class probably won't be run by then. It's a lot to expect people to build a bike that fast. As far as entry fee and payout, that would be determined by the class sponsor, which we do not have yet. But we have inquiries, just nothing in place yet. As of right now, this will be an exhibition class until all these things are in place. But like I said, none of this is over night. As soon as we have FINAL rules, and dates, you guys will know. These posts were started for opinions and ideas.

281 - 300 of 340 Posts