Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
The m84 has a progressive controller built in. Buts it's gear based by rpm. It's a nightmare tryng to tune. Save yourself a headache and get the m1 or buy a nitrous controller. Since its a wet kit you can use any controller you want.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Get an NMS-1000. Best on the market in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
can the nms be hooked to the motec to pull timing progressively?
The nms1000 does not control timing. But it does have a 0-5 output that you put back into the motec input channel that will allow the tuner/user to set up compensation tables for fuel and timing adjustments according to what your putting in the motor.

And if you have an m84, why are you putting a wet kit on the bike?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a motec I already have a wet kit with a mega squirt 1 and Schnitz pro 2 box, I would like a wider range of tuning, and yes I did not mean can the nms control timing I ment does it have an output for the motec to see and you answered that thanks .

The debate is between a motec and a Marelli for me. I know what the Marelli can do just getting some opinions on motec

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Have u ever messed with marelli? Better yet try and find someone or support for and then you will have your decision made for u lol. Motec is the better choice of those 2 all day long. U could pay Ronnie Mitchell to to tune the marelli but after that your on your own and he probably won't tell u what he did.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two Wheel Werks lives an hour from me, hes a Marelli rep and doesn't mind sharing info ...

could you tell me in your opinion why Motec "feature wise" is the better choice,

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Support hands down. Features on most boxes are pretty much the same. There are other ecus out there that will work also. But for every one marelli guy there's 5+ motec guys at the track so help is always close. It's kinda the go to ecu anymore. I like the link g4 xtreme its pretty nice and not expensive at all.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Support, support, support. When you buy the unit, your tuner should be able to handle all issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quick comment... Why pay 4k for plug and play for the 14, when you can get the m84 for $2200 and wire it yourself?

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
quick comment... Why pay 4k for plug and play for the 14, when you can get the m84 for $2200 and wire it yourself?
by the time you turn on the functions needed and buy the other stuff that is included in the PNP kit, you will have more money in it...especially with the wiring, plugs,etc...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wiring is not a big deal since my bike does not use any stock wiring right now anyways, I was wondering more about function of the ecu thanks for the input

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
wiring is not a big deal since my bike does not use any stock wiring right now anyways, I was wondering more about function of the ecu thanks for the input
the m84 comes with 512k logging and single lambda enable..you have to also purchase advance functions which includes:

traction control and launch control
hi/lo injection
gear change ignition cut overrun boost(anti lag)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you know how much those upgrades are? I didn't realize they get your with unlocking each feature like that

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Do you know how much those upgrades are? I didn't realize they get your with unlocking each feature like that
advance functions include all those features as a package..pm sent

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
motec gets you with the options for sure lol. i think its like 600 bucks for those features. youll have about 4500 to 5k in a m400 the way u would want it. the 84 will work but the 400 is better. prices may b off as i havent payed retail in a while lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wire it yourself. That plug and play box and associated harness clutters it up. The m84 software is on Motecs website, download it and look around and see if the nos control meets your needs. If you can't find a config to open and look at on their site I can send you one, won't have nos data though just the format.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts