Psychobike banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I didn't weight them like that so I donot know what the bare wheels weighed.We weighed everything that was swapped. Ike got chrome wheels and 2 shinkos so he will see the same weight savings.

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ike is broke :sorry: maybe by next season I'll try it out

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Man if I got money to waste, I'm gonna spend money on bst just because!!! Don't be made if you don't/can't !!! It's like every thing in life.. Money vs performance is not always the only reason to buy them...:beer:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Man if I got money to waste, I'm gonna spend money on bst just because!!! Don't be made if you don't/can't !!! It's like every thing in life.. Money vs performance is not always the only reason to buy them...:beer:
I bumped into a guy at the track one day and he said pritty much the same thing. We all were admiring his BST wheels and I said you can't hide money, Then he said the bike disearved the wheels cause it had made him quite a bit of money. :2thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry to have to drop this news on the guy with the R1 wheels being lighter.NOT TRUE.The lightest wheel on a 1000 is the 08-10 CBR 1000 at 24.8.Next is the 05-08 GSXR 1000 at 25.3.Then the ZX10r at 25.8.R1 26.8.Sorry guys,they make look good but they aint lighter.As far as the Marvics,they are between 18.1-19.5 depending on which 5 spoke wheel you get.The Silverstone is the lighteast Marvic wheel at 16.3lbs.Only 1-2 lbs lighter than the bst.Marshicinis(could be speeled wrong) are 17.4lbs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sorry to have to drop this news on the guy with the R1 wheels being lighter.NOT TRUE.The lightest wheel on a 1000 is the 08-10 CBR 1000 at 24.8.Next is the 05-08 GSXR 1000 at 25.3.Then the ZX10r at 25.8.R1 26.8.Sorry guys,they make look good but they aint lighter.As far as the Marvics,they are between 18.1-19.5 depending on which 5 spoke wheel you get.The Silverstone is the lighteast Marvic wheel at 16.3lbs.Only 1-2 lbs lighter than the bst.Marshicinis(could be speeled wrong) are 17.4lbs.
thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
So once you make and add the sleeves to make the front axle fit the gsxr front end, your adding 2 lbs to the bike compared to if you just stayed with the stock 05-08 gsxr rims.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
^lol wow sounds like there are gonna be some guys looking to get there wheels back. Thanks for the info freeway 20!:2thumbs:

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I bumped into a guy at the track one day and he said pritty much the same thing. We all were admiring his BST wheels and I said you can't hide money, Then he said the bike disearved the wheels cause it had made him quite a bit of money. :2thumbs:
:beer:I know that's right... :beer:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I didn't say I was making the change Gerald :whatever: I posted what I did because others were wondering the different weights and I like to help people on here with helpful info as you know your self. Now if you read the whole post you will see that your name came up a couple times about you saying that they thought you said that the R1 rims were 10 lbs lighter so that is what I was trying to clear up. Again if you read the whole post Bro you will see this and also that these guys are believing that R1 STOCK rims are lighter then gsxr STOCK rims or the zx10 STOCK rims which is not true. They all weigh the same in STOCK form as far as lighting them up that would depend on what you do and if it's the same on each rim then that would be self explanatory :2thumbs:
Thanks for the info:2thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Well I just picked up a set of CBR wheels and the back by itself is 20 pounds. The front is 19 with wheel and 1 rotor :s21:. I mite as well put these things on a tractor.

·
Registered
306 Posts
08 CBR front wheel 2 rotors is 14.3lbs with no tire havent done the rears yet, i guess what u have posted is the weight of the rear rim an tire

·
Registered
47 Posts
I weighed these two days ago on a very acurate scale.

05-08 GSXR 1000 wheels

front 12lb. 14.4oz (wheel w/ one 1000 rotor - NO tire)

rear 19lb. 1.6oz (wheel w/ 1000 rotor, cush & 43 tooth - NO tire)

no axles - no spacers

What I need to know is who make the best & lightest tires???? Who knows??? Good thread!!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I weighed these two days ago on a very acurate scale.

05-08 GSXR 1000 wheels

front 12lb. 14.4oz (wheel w/ one 1000 rotor - NO tire)

rear 19lb. 1.6oz (wheel w/ 1000 rotor, cush & 43 tooth - NO tire)

no axles - no spacers

What I need to know is who make the best & lightest tires???? Who knows??? Good thread!!
M/t rear tire is only 10 lbs.
Mickey Thompson MCR2 Tires
RC's Performance: Motorcycle Tires from Mickey Thompson, Shinko, Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, and Metzeler

and the lightest front is 6 lbs.
Bridgestone Racing Battlax Front Tire
RC's Performance: Motorcycle Tires from Mickey Thompson, Shinko, Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, and Metzeler

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I have a 98-99 CBR 900rr 16" front rim (eBay $70. shipped) here and it only weighs 9 lbs without any rotors and no tire either. I just bought a EBC Pro-Lite race front rotor ($249. One) for it and it weighs just over 2 lbs. So that makes it weigh all together 11 lbs. and the scooter tire ($84.) that's going on it is 6 lbs. which means that once it's all together it will weigh 1 lb. lighter then what my 06 gsxr 1000 front wheel did with the one DME cut rotor and the 6 lb Bridgestone Racing Battlax Front Tire. Now of coarse I had to order a $200. McIntosh front axle for the CBR rim to fit my 06 gsxr 1000 forks and it weighs 3 lbs. :s21: but that weight is in the right spot so it's ok :grind:

41 - 60 of 70 Posts