Psychobike banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a set of chrome wheels for sale off my 07 gsxr 1000. they will fit 05-08 gsxr 1000's. Will come with tires also. Front tire has 70% tread 120/70/17 & 190/50/17 shinko hookup rear. Shinko is almost gone but it is still working fine on my bike. I want $500 plus shipping NO EXCHANGE, sell your wheels & end up paying 100-150 for some :bling2:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Ike , what route are you gunna go as far as wheels ?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I'm putting the R1 rear wheel and the CBR 16in front on my new build with ceramic bearings. Then I want someone to prove to me how much faster them $4000 wheels will get me.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have a set of chrome wheels for sale off my 07 gsxr 1000. they will fit 05-08 gsxr 1000's. Will come with tires also. Front tire has 70% tread 120/70/17 & 190/50/17 shinko hookup rear. Shinko is almost gone but it is still working fine on my bike. I want $500 plus shipping NO EXCHANGE, sell your wheels & end up paying 100-150 for some :bling2:
Ike made you mind up asap huh:s21: Good move mayn. I think i may be right with ya:2thumbs:

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ike made you mind up asap huh:s21: Good move mayn. I think i may be right with ya:2thumbs:
Thinking about it, I am in the process of murdering my bike out So I'm going back to the black stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Thats what up. Im still on the street with my slow bike. but the wheels look good and lighter..cant hurt

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have a set of 07 R1 wheels for sale. The rear has cush drive but no rear brake rotor ( grude set-up ) The front has only one brake rotor. These are in very good shape and will go for what I paid. $550 TYD

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run lightweight wheels (all magnesium, Marvics, PVMs, Marchesini's). Have a set of ceramic bearings in the marchesini's, because they came with the wheels.

I LOVE having lightweight wheels, but I'm not a dragracer, I do trackdays (roadrace). For that, lightweight wheels are a huge benefit - they make the bike accelerate better of course, but the easier turning / braking is a big gain. And they do reduce unsprung mass, helping the suspension. however, for drag racing, you probably only care about the improved accelaration, so you miss out on the other benefits.

For that, ceramic bearings may be the best / easiest / least expensive choice. if your motor is torn down you could go with ceramic tranny bearings.... those bearings will be worth some HP.

BTW - one thing to remember about wheel weight is that the weight itself isn't as important as the weight distribution. You can have two wheels that weight the same, but if one has a much heavier rim than the other (offset by a light hub) it will have a lot more inertia than the other wheel. And inertia is what counts when it comes to wheels. It seems like the newer sportbikes are coming with fairly lightweight wheels stock, but they're losing most of that weight from the hub area (just look at them, and you can see how much they've taken off the hubs). The aftermarket wheels tend to have lighter rims, so they tend to have bigger performance gains than what you might expect from the difference in weight if you put both of them on a scale....

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I have all three sets here at the shop now and just weighted them but my R1's are out at the powder coaters so here is what I got so far for ya:

06 gsxr 1000 front rim with bearings and both rotors (no tire or no axle) 16 lbs.

06 gsxr 1000 rear rim with bearings, rotor and sprocket and hub ( no tire or no axle) 19 lbs.

06 ZX10 front with same as above 16 lbs.
06 ZX10 rear with same as above 19 lbs.

So if someone has a set of R1 rims please post the weight, it might be awhile before I get my R1 rims back...lol. But I find it very hard to believe that they are even 5 lbs. lighter then this two sets. That would mean they are lighter then aftermarket rims and they didn't feel any lighter then all my other sets....but I could be wrong. Someone must have a set laying around they can weigh right now, NO? just make sure you weigh them the same way I did.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm putting the R1 rear wheel and the CBR 16in front on my new build with ceramic bearings. Then I want someone to prove to me how much faster them $4000 wheels will get me.
Not very! We made a pass with stock wheels, took the wheels off put my ceramic bearing bst's on the bike and it went the identical number, but picked up .2 mph lol

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Not very! We made a pass with stock wheels, took the wheels off put my ceramic bearing bst's on the bike and it went the identical number, but picked up .2 mph lol
Wow , that's a tad bit disappointing for $4000

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
If you pay 4000 for those wheels you are out of your mind! You can find them all day long for 2600-3000!!
I agree. $4000 is retail price.

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
2600-3000 is still to much IMO. I can think of a better way to spend my 3k. Plus I'm cheap as hell

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have all three sets here at the shop now and just weighted them but my R1's are out at the powder coaters so here is what I got so far for ya:

06 gsxr 1000 front rim with bearings and both rotors (no tire or no axle) 16 lbs.

06 gsxr 1000 rear rim with bearings, rotor and sprocket and hub ( no tire or no axle) 19 lbs.

06 ZX10 front with same as above 16 lbs.
06 ZX10 rear with same as above 19 lbs.

So if someone has a set of R1 rims please post the weight, it might be awhile before I get my R1 rims back...lol. But I find it very hard to believe that they are even 5 lbs. lighter then this two sets. That would mean they are lighter then aftermarket rims and they didn't feel any lighter then all my other sets....but I could be wrong. Someone must have a set laying around they can weigh right now, NO? just make sure you weigh them the same way I did.
We talking about total combination weight savings. Stock wheels with 2 shinko tires stock size with steel rear sprocket and all rotors mounted changing to ceramic bearing R1 wheels low profile grudge pirelli front and a dragtek with single rotor. No one is pressuring you to make the change just stating a very low budget improvement in performance and looks.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
We talking about total combination weight savings. Stock wheels with 2 shinko tires stock size with steel rear sprocket and all rotors mounted changing to ceramic bearing R1 wheels low profile grudge pirelli front and a dragtek with single rotor. No one is pressuring you to make the change just stating a very low budget improvement in performance and looks.
I didn't say I was making the change Gerald :whatever: I posted what I did because others were wondering the different weights and I like to help people on here with helpful info as you know your self. Now if you read the whole post you will see that your name came up a couple times about you saying that they thought you said that the R1 rims were 10 lbs lighter so that is what I was trying to clear up. Again if you read the whole post Bro you will see this and also that these guys are believing that R1 STOCK rims are lighter then gsxr STOCK rims or the zx10 STOCK rims which is not true. They all weigh the same in STOCK form as far as lighting them up that would depend on what you do and if it's the same on each rim then that would be self explanatory :2thumbs:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts