Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda gains are u guys seeing with any brand lightweight wheels and/or ceramic bearings. These are high dollar items & I wanted to get a few diverse opinions before throwing away a few grand. If u could tell what brand wheels & what kind of bearings used in them. Hell if u saw a gain with stock wheel with ceramic bearings please chime in.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Ike , very good question im just as curious as you are on this. But here is my take on it, the gsxr 1000 wheels are light and work well with ceramic wheel bearing from what i hear . But of course the BST's ($4000) are the lightest and best combination with ceramic's. Now you also have the MARVICS ($2100) they are also light but not as light as the BST'S and they work well also with ceramics. Im also curious how much lighter are the MARVICS over the stock gsxr1000 wheel is the stock gsxr wheel is pretty light.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
BST's $4000
MARVICS $2100 we all know the price difference but what is the weight differenc between the 2 wheels ?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I got a bst just the rear wheel for a busa but im sure it will work with a 1k its 6.625 X 17! has ceramic bearings! And asking 1,950.00 plus shipping and paypal fees.

Reactions: stretched10r

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody's gotta be able to shed some light on this

·
Registered
53 Posts
musclehead is running what looks like a low budget light weight wheel on his grudge. it's an R1 wheel. just need some sleeves and spacers made from what i understand. might wanna hit him up. i think he said something like 10lbs difference???:beer:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I guess that no one wants to give hard #'s 0410

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
im guessing the same thing. Im hearing the r1 wheels are a good upgrade. not sure of the weight savings all around. but they def look good. if some1 has weighed them(r1/gsxr/zx10 wheels)please post. not as light as aftermarket of course but nice to have more options

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im guessing the same thing. Im hearing the r1 wheels are a good upgrade. not sure of the weight savings all around. but they def look good. if some1 has weighed them(r1/gsxr/zx10 wheels)please post. not as light as aftermarket of course but nice to have more options
X2 copperhead did u weigh them?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The ceramic bearings are gonna pick you up about a .1 in the 1/4. And about the same on the rims may even be a little less. I have seen some guys put on bst's w/ ceramic bearings and only pick up a .15-.18 not a big gain for the money if you ask me but they look mint. The bearings are the best bang for your buck though.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Ok the R1 wheels are a new upgrade to me. So my question is are they lighter than the gsxr1000 wheels ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i believe zx-10 wheels are the lightest stock wheel,id just do a rear bst with ceramic bearings in front stock and rear bst.from the recent post ive read nick...looks like your building a monster.i would think about the e.t. u wana run on your setup and determine if it would even matter.thats a $$ makin bike you got so some of the choices you make in your build could make you or break you.:2thumbs:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ok the R1 wheels are a new upgrade to me. So my question is are they lighter than the gsxr1000 wheels ?
from what i heard they are lighter than the gsxr wheels. dont know which one is lighter btwn them and the zx10. i was hearing the r1. but dont quote me.:2thumbs: what year zx10 wheels fit on the gsxr and how?

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i believe zx-10 wheels are the lightest stock wheel,id just do a rear bst with ceramic bearings in front stock and rear bst.from the recent post ive read nick...looks like your building a monster.i would think about the e.t. u wana run on your setup and determine if it would even matter.thats a $$ makin bike you got so some of the choices you make in your build could make you or break you.:2thumbs:
My bike is a turd, you beat me didnt you :pissed:. i appreciate the help & info u share with me cody :beer:

·
Do Dirty Racing
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Musclehead & copper-head1, tell me how to make them work on my 07 zuk 1k :beg: u can PM me if you dont wanna post it

1 - 20 of 70 Posts