Psychobike banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any experience with waste gates from jgstools.com? A local guy has a pair of them on his mustang (1000 hp) and swears by them. Price is good for a 40mm. I guess the big difference is the JGS uses a piston instead of a diaphragm.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
They r good gates but if I'm not mistaken the springs only go down to 6psi and that its. That's the only problem I have with em. I want as small a spring possible and let the controller do the rest.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the small spring is only 6 PSI BUT if you are handy enough, you can find a softer spring of similar size to put in.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Dosent work that way. The preload plays a part in the psi of the spring. So if you take a spring made for a larger houseing and cram it in a smaller one then the psi goes up. Same as cutting a spring it raises the pressure of the spring so don't let someone talk u into that either.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
These wastegate guys have their springs made for their gates. Some are interchangeable but they don't have that long skinny housing like the jgs

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ive made over 750 in a car with a single 38mm jgs wastegate, worked great for years. I recenetly changed it out because the diaphragm had a small tear in it, jgs wouldn't sell me just a diaphragm so I went to a turbosmart.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive made over 750 in a car with a single 38mm jgs wastegate, worked great for years. I recenetly changed it out because the diaphragm had a small tear in it, jgs wouldn't sell me just a diaphragm so I went to a turbosmart.
JGS doesnt use a diaphram nor do they make a 38mm wastegate... or at least on their current stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts