Psychobike banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 24" semi wheels on my dually with pirelli tires and they shake like hell. no car shop can balance them b/c the center hole is too big, and the big rig shops want to do them on the truck, which is fine, but they have to pull the axles out and spin them together b/c of the limited slip rear end. i really don't want to pay a shit-ton of money just to balance the tires, but they're shaking me to death. put new shocks on the back and that helped a little, but they could still use some help. what are you other guys doing with similar setups?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There is this stuff called equal. We sell it at the truck and trailer company I work for. What is it and what it does: it some sort of powder/sand mixture that will roll around in your tires as you drive up and down the roads. Not sure how well it works but worth a try, You should be able to google it and see some reviews.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
The powder works ok .. but if u can get somebody to spin balance them thats the way to go. there is a few places here in ga that do them.:2thumbs:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Some truck stops that sell tires can do it, Here local we have a Goodyear store that handles heavey equipment and they can do it. Plus look at a semi dealership . The machine they use to do those rims are very expensive and most car tire place will not have one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
We use dyna beads here. Bike tires to semi tires they work the same. It is small ceramic beads that move inside the tire as it rolls to provide perfect balance. Some of the pro street guys even used them in their front tires to stop the shakes after the 1/8th. I had a tire on the freightliner that was wearing odd and I put them in it, really didnt feel any different but the tire is wearing even now.
The sand/liquid works just about the same but the beads wont do anything to the inside of the tires.
Very inexpensive for what it fixes.
PM me if you want more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.