Psychobike banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So starting a new thread because new topic. Going to be pulling the motor apart to replace a cracked piston. I have a brand new head sitting in my shop but not sure whats a good head for turbo bike.

Here's the specs on the head.

CNC ported by ward
1mm oversized stainless vavles
Oversized buckets
Carpenter 60lb springs
Titanium retainers
Carpenter cams
.443 intake
.397 exhaust
Intake cam cap clearanced for cam

Would this be a good head to put on it? Give me more room to run more boost?

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you're pressurizing the intake with boost, a ported head doesn't contribute as much as in a non-boosted application.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Porting the head would be the last thing I'd do to the motor. It's just not necessary.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I all ready have this head, it was for another engine build but that one fell through so its either the stock head or this other one with larger ports and cams.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It won't hurt anything. It just isn't as big piece of the puzzle as it is in a non-boosted motor

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So should I just put the stock head back on and sell this head or will i see improvements from running the better head?

·
Registered
599 Posts
You could sell the big head and use the funds to further improve the turbo build. Like others said, its not worth the increase IF you were to start with a stock head and dump 2k into it for improvements. charge cooler, secondary fuel system or standalone ECU would do much more for your.

·
Registered
855 Posts
the head and cams will accent the turbo build, you will build more power with lower heat in combustion chamber versus stock head and cams. I'm not saying that a stock head wont work and wont make power. but on the contrary, the stock cams will be more streetable with less wear over time on the cam lobes. there really is no better way, its all about trade offs. on a "street" bike imo it would make more sense to run stock cams and head, although I would advance the exhaust cam a few degrees or maybe you could run the bigger exhaust cam in the stock head.

Reactions: GNBRETT
1 - 11 of 11 Posts