Psychobike banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just a heads up. When you pull the 2 bellevue springs out, it will tighten your air-gap.

Wouldnt that be the other way around...if you remove 2 of the springs then the inner hub would be further away from the top edge of the outer basket and I thought that is where the airgap is measured from. Not sure though.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
To measure your airgap, Measure the distance from the pressure plate to the outside of your hat (to the flat face of the hat) with the depth probe of a dial caliper. You can double check the thickness of the hat, but ~.375 is standard on most, if not all of the hays hats. If you are looking for a .125" airgap, your measurement from the pressure plate to the outside of the hat should be .500" (.375+.125). This is also a good way to keep track of clutch wear so you know when you need to re-stack your clutch pack to get your stack height back.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So on a great pass, say mid 1.30ish, would the RPM climb at a steady rate from the launch to the top of first gear or is it realistic to see some bogging occur. I know when I was running a hand clutch I would slip it too long and once I dumped it a little quicker the RPM dropped more but the 60 was better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
wats your weight, im 195 and i go wit 15-46 '
and homie like 165 and he go wit 15-45 or 44

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Im about 190 suited. I am going to go down to a 15 in the front from my 16 and looking into switching out 1 gear cuz my year has a really tall first gear. I hear 48 on the back is great if your not running NOS. I may bump my 46 up to a 47 as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have been getting faster on each pass but here is the problem...I keep bogging out of the hole. Im geared 16-46 on an 07 1000. Basically a stock motor. Sitting at 64 inches. .125 airgap, 4 arms, 0 weight, Purple extension springs, 4 green springs and 2 .060 shims under all the springs. Please throw out some ideas on getting the 60 better. Im at 1.629 right now. I tried a different setup and to the 60's in the 1.51 range but hit a wall. Any help would be appreciated:2thumbs:What should I expect to runm on this combo? Ive gone 1.45 on my hand clutch already.

Yo

41 - 48 of 48 Posts