Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been getting faster on each pass but here is the problem...I keep bogging out of the hole. Im geared 16-46 on an 07 1000. Basically a stock motor. Sitting at 64 inches. .125 airgap, 4 arms, 0 weight, Purple extension springs, 4 green springs and 2 .060 shims under all the springs. Please throw out some ideas on getting the 60 better. Im at 1.629 right now. I tried a different setup and to the 60's in the 1.51 range but hit a wall. Any help would be appreciated:2thumbs:What should I expect to runm on this combo? Ive gone 1.45 on my hand clutch already.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds like to much static.I have just enough static to barely ride it back

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What RPM are you leaving at?

Might try 3 arms in a triangle and 3 purple springs.
On that pass I was leaving at 9500. Im now at 10500 and now my 60's are in the low 1.50's but I am now running it with 6 green on the inner and 4 springs on the outside of the plate and using them to pull the static out of it. But since I did that...the less static I have the more weight I need because Im blowing through the clutch. Im banging my head against the wall:s24:

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Leaving at that high of RPM, the arms are pretty much already out and will contribute significantly to the static spring pressure.

The actual amount of static you have is a combination of the static springs and the force applied by the arms at the RPM you are free revving it to at the line. Taking static spring away only to add weight on the arms (that are already very much engaged) may not change the overall force on the pressure plate for the initial hit.

Might be better off trying to leave at a lower RPM (8000 or so) and tune it to kind of jump to 10k and hang out there until the clutch is up to speed.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Leaving at that high of RPM, the arms are pretty much already out and will contribute significantly to the static spring pressure.

The actual amount of static you have is a combination of the static springs and the force applied by the arms at the RPM you are free revving it to at the line. Taking static spring away only to add weight on the arms (that are already very much engaged) may not change the overall force on the pressure plate for the initial hit.

Might be better off trying to leave at a lower RPM (8000 or so) and tune it to kind of jump to 10k and hang out there until the clutch is up to speed.
I leave at dead idle

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
To much static, way to much...this is not a multi stage. If 4-5 washers on 3 arms can hold 300+ ft lbs of torque then your doin something way wrong in your setup or riding.

-

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
On that pass I was leaving at 9500. Im now at 10500 and now my 60's are in the low 1.50's but I am now running it with 6 green on the inner and 4 springs on the outside of the plate and using them to pull the static out of it. But since I did that...the less static I have the more weight I need because Im blowing through the clutch. Im banging my head against the wall:s24:
Please tell me your not running slider springs and static springs at the same time????

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please tell me your not running slider springs and static springs at the same time????
Thats exactly what Im doing and it improved my 60 by a tenth and a half and my 1/4 by 2 tenths. I know it was a little goofy but Im really used to tuning Promod clutches and it made sense to try it that way. It worked but only to a point. I knew it wasnt the status quo but I was having a hard time getting it where I wanted so i tried something different. That is a dead end for me now and thats why im reaching out. Without experimentation there is no innovation. Sucks that the weather is crap up here now...hoping for one more weekend to get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To much static, way to much...this is not a multi stage. If 4-5 washers on 3 arms can hold 300+ ft lbs of torque then your doin something way wrong in your setup or riding.

-
Im going to yank out the shims, slider springs and Im thinking about going to 3 arms. Right now I have one purple on the top holes and one on the bottom holes.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I can break it down to your really simple if you need help...

Pm me and I'll give you my number...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thats exactly what Im doing and it improved my 60 by a tenth and a half and my 1/4 by 2 tenths. I know it was a little goofy but Im really used to tuning Promod clutches and it made sense to try it that way. It worked but only to a point. I knew it wasnt the status quo but I was having a hard time getting it where I wanted so i tried something different. That is a dead end for me now and thats why im reaching out. Without experimentation there is no innovation. Sucks that the weather is crap up here now...hoping for one more weekend to get it figured out.

Yes it helped cause it took out all that static you put into it. RPM is static and if your slipping on top something else is wrong. Go back to the base setup as per instructions then move the RPM around to change the amount of bog out of it.

-

·
Registered
560 Posts
from what I was told when I bought my hayes the lower the rpm you leave at the more it slips because it is engine driven. So the more rpm the arms start coming out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Don't you have a logger on that? If you could post the launch graph, maybe guys with more experience could help out a bit more?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts