Psychobike banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hays Convertible Clutch Help on GSXR 1000

I am finishing up with hays installation on my k8 gsxr 1000. The problem I am having is that my clutch lever does not have full engagement. I can squeeze it half way and than it gets hard. It is as if the pressure plate is not contacting the pusher shaft enough. The only way I can get the lever to work is using a high air gap like around 0.150-0.160 because it moves the pressure plate closer to the pusher shaft. If I set air gap in the window it should be which is what I have it at now (0.125) I run into the lever problem.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Best recommendation I have on that is to run it full site or mode. That is the absolute best way that clutch will give you the best ETS out of any of the configurations. Sounds to me like you don't have something set up right in the clutch. You shouldn't have any issues with the clutch not being able to be fully pulled back to the

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How many fibers and steels do you have it there? whats your stack height? Does the bike creep when you put it in gear?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a simuliar problem on a busa . On my bike the hays t6 had been on a year and worked ok . Then i decided to put on a dme billet sproket cover .. when i felt the clutch it was soft like normal then it got real hard at about 1/2 way took me a couple days to figure out my problem was the cover placed the slave cylinder about an inch closer to the clutch . My clutch would never release .. i finally cut down my push rod . Not saying its your problem .......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the help. I ended up using a pusher shaft from a 05/06 which was about a 1/4" longer and that fixed the problem. Now I cant get the 2 step from sb6 to disengage when I let go of clutch lever, fml.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts