Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
been watching them for a while. they look really good for my budget. have not heard much feedback. has anyone tried these??????

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know of several who have tried these with good results,but this is the lowest price i have seen them and there free shipping

its about time pricing for rods have came back into reality

car rods have always been at least half price for 8 rods than bike rods for 4

its nice to see someone actually selling them at a reasonable price

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Not me too much to risk with an unknown. In no way am I saying they won't work, I just know there's a whole lot more science to building a good rod other than just machining a piece of metal.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing 1 of the guru's on here order a set and do a thread on them. Put them under a microscope! Check the quality, weight, balance, etc. Then install em on a well built full out race bike and see how many passes they hold up vs a set of carrillos or wossners. Then do a tear down and inspect them. Post up pics b4 and after. That's the only way 2 know IMO, always hear that a friend of a friend used them etc. I wanna see a well known shop/builder put them to the test so we can know 4 sure they were installed / tested by a pro and we'll know if they are legit or not :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not me too much to risk with an unknown. In no way am I saying they won't work, I just know there's a whole lot more science to building a good rod other than just machining a piece of metal.
I Agree. The extra $400-$500 spent for a proven brand is well worth it for peace of mind rather than gamble an engine catastrophe. They might be great rods but somebody else would have to find out...lol

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Did we already have a post talking about this awhile back??

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
The big name rod companies were not proven at one point and others tried them making them who they are today. Got to start somewhere. What scares people off is the cheap cost. More dumbies would probably try them if they were expensive bc they don't know better. But like everyone else. I will stick w what others have proven work

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The big name rod companies were not proven at one point and others tried them making them who they are today. Got to start somewhere. What scares people off is the cheap cost. More dumbies would probably try them if they were expensive bc they don't know better. But like everyone else. I will stick w what others have proven work
Low prices scare most people off. They way rods need to be made and forged is an exact science if they're going to hold up. Even aluminum rods have to be machined an exact way according to the grain or the materiel, type of materiel, and treatment of it. My understanding is those rods are made in China.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a lot of valid points,however there is a lot of room for debate on all opinions,since i have been living the last two years on the houston shipping channel, i can look out into the bay 24 hours a day and count between 3 and 10 cargo ships coming in from diffenrent countries including china,i never realized the volume of imported goods until living next to a port.

it is basically nonstop,we have so many shipping containers that are left over from one way shipping that we are having to find creative uses for them,such as housing etc.

we have been buying chinese products as consumers for decades without even realizing it, if you pick up 100 items in your home and look where thery are made 89 of them will be from china or taiwan,and a lot of those products are impressive,i mean i cant make a cellphone,tv or otherthousands of items that come from overseas,

i remember some years ago i was in a Harley Davidson store purchasing some clothing items and i happened to glance at the tag,it stated made in china,i was like whaaaaaat?,when did the biggest icon of made in usa branding start being manufactured overseas? this was a major reality check that started opening my eyes.

the thing i have noticed over the last 4 years of this economic downturn we have been living in (which seems like has lasted a decade),is americans have been buying chinese products forever,but they were presented thru american companies so consumers were not readily apparent the products were made in china and the perceived safety-security of dealing with a local company,what has happened over the last 4 years i have noticed is as our economy has slowed down the american brokers are not purchasing the volumes that they were,now the chinese manufacturers are bypassing the brokers and are dealing direct to consumers,this is why you are seeing double din stereos that we have been buying for years thru american brokers for $299 selling on Ebay coming direct from china for $45 with free shipping,

i am seeing this in every industry and with chinas economy starting to slow down it is going to get more prevalent.

we have not seen an infiltration of overseas suppliers into our little industry but i can tell you it is coming.

there will be a day that those products are as accepted in our industry as the cellphone that is in your pocket or the television hanging on your wall,it may be 5 more years but i believe it

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
a lot of valid points,however there is a lot of room for debate on all opinions,since i have been living the last two years on the houston shipping channel, i can look out into the bay 24 hours a day and count between 3 and 10 cargo ships coming in from diffenrent countries including china,i never realized the volume of imported goods until living next to a port.

it is basically nonstop,we have so many shipping containers that are left over from one way shipping that we are having to find creative uses for them,such as housing etc.

we have been buying chinese products as consumers for decades without even realizing it, if you pick up 100 items in your home and look where thery are made 89 of them will be from china or taiwan,and a lot of those products are impressive,i mean i cant make a cellphone,tv or otherthousands of items that come from overseas,

i remember some years ago i was in a Harley Davidson store purchasing some clothing items and i happened to glance at the tag,it stated made in china,i was like whaaaaaat?,when did the biggest icon of made in usa branding start being manufactured overseas? this was a major reality check that started opening my eyes.

the thing i have noticed over the last 4 years of this economic downturn we have been living in (which seems like has lasted a decade),is americans have been buying chinese products forever,but they were presented thru american companies so consumers were not readily apparent the products were made in china and the perceived safety-security of dealing with a local company,what has happened over the last 4 years i have noticed is as our economy has slowed down the american brokers are not purchasing the volumes that they were,now the chinese manufacturers are bypassing the brokers and are dealing direct to consumers,this is why you are seeing double din stereos that we have been buying for years thru american brokers for $299 selling on Ebay coming direct from china for $45 with free shipping,

i am seeing this in every industry and with chinas economy starting to slow down it is going to get more prevalent.

we have not seen an infiltration of overseas suppliers into our little industry but i can tell you it is coming.

there will be a day that those products are as accepted in our industry as the cellphone that is in your pocket or the television hanging on your wall,it may be 5 more years but i believe it
This is a true statement and is already happening. It's like legal money laundering nowadays. The chinese get family members into the usa with visas, cause they say they are needed here. They then open a shop warehouse, send products in and are now listed on ebay as usa deliverable from their family warehouse. Notice there is not much wait time any more... Think about this there is more usa dollars in china, than chinese product on chinese shelves in china. A part on ebay sells for $30, ebay takes $4, paypal takes $1.50, part import fee $1.50 and now shipping is $5 That's $12 from a $30 sale leaving $18 balance. what kind of quality product are you really getting when your usa counterpart manufacturer wants $65 plus shipping. you get what you pay for and to cut corners to make cheap, you loose something cause 1 +1 always gonna be 2... American business is failing cause of AMERICANS spending habits... Your gonna need rosetta stone chinese lessons before long cause there will be few usa dealers around, they gonna go back to corporate america..If a business sells parts for nothing, they will be nothing as the tax man wants and will get his, if your out on the street or not..

RizlaBusa, we get enough people to pitch in parts and get a set of the rods i will build a motor and set chassis up. we will run it one season and log pasess and see if it comes apart or how things go, end of season pull it down and inspect... I'll start it off and provide the cases and labor

Reactions: Okcboi and timhays

·
Registered
713 Posts
Personally,I would never,ever buy any Chinese parts from ebay for any vehicle I own. Whether it be the Chinese knock-off Pazzo levers,fake Garrett turbos,knock-off Tial BOV's,fake Walbro fuel pumps,or whatever else they copy from reputable proven manufacturers. Thats just me,everyone is different and entitled to spend their hard earned money on whatever they like.

FWIW,Im a Union plumber/pipe welder...contractor I worked for a while back tried to save a few bucks by ordering ASME-stamped(yeah,sure lol) Sch.40 6" black pipe as well as 50lbs each of 1/8" E6010 and 3/32" E7018 welding rod for a job I was welding on. The pipe was basically un-weldable&the rod melted the instant an arc was established or it turned red hot and baked the flux right off the rod. Ive never seen anything like it in my 24yrs in the field.
He had major issues with the Chinese 3"&4" L-copper pipe and fittings as well.

So even though the Chinese products SAID they met all the standards required,in reality that was not the case. A lot of valuable time as well as money was lost trying to save a few dollars. It ended up costing him more(much much more) in the long run.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The problem is Americans think they deserve brand new cars truck motorcycles huge houses boats etc etc. Therefore wages are ridiculous and you have lots of micro management that leads to an USA product having to cost 3x more to be profitable. Call it slave labor in China if you want. I do understand that Quality Control and materials are not as good as they could be but their ALOT better then they were just a few years ago.

They aren't dumb they flooded the marketS with cheap shit and soon learned that parts availability and quality is needed to sustain a customer base

·
Registered
282 Posts
Streetdrag, i will donate to the cause. If we get 25 members to chip in, it will be about 20 bucks. Who else will commit to a donation to get some R&D on these rods?
This is how we stick together. Ill donate. M-Pro. But one hand wash the other but if you think about PB fam donate 20$ and the R&D show that the rods can only handle 450HP whell its good enough for me to build a 300 HP motor so wen u look at it ... you cant lose if you donate it has to already be atles stronger than the stock rods

1 - 20 of 109 Posts