Psychobike banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between the gen 1 busa and the gen 2 busa trannys? any gear ratio differences? i know the output shafts are different but if i was to buy a gen 1 trans with hd output shaft im curious if it would work in my gen 2 cases

·
Registered
205 Posts
The guy that race cuts my trans. here in NC told me that he knew of some guy's that put 1st gen tranny's in the 2nd gen busa's - you have to change the shift drum. That was back in 2008 when the 2nd gen busa had just come out and people were having trouble shifting when spraying alot of nos. Since then he has been cutting 2 of the 5 dogs off the 2nd gen trans. and its been working fine.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I thought the gen2 trans were already back cut..
yes i might be able to work a good deal on a cut gen 1 trans with a hd shaft, thats the only reason i would replace it with my gen 2 trans. according for my research, the gear ratio's are the same...

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy that race cuts my trans. here in NC told me that he knew of some guy's that put 1st gen tranny's in the 2nd gen busa's - you have to change the shift drum. That was back in 2008 when the 2nd gen busa had just come out and people were having trouble shifting when spraying alot of nos. Since then he has been cutting 2 of the 5 dogs off the 2nd gen trans. and its been working fine.
just looked up part numbers, and the shift drum for a 07 and 08 busa are the same number. shift drums are the same for those that are interested

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Can i put a gen 2 2nd gear driven and 6th gear driven in a gen 1, are they the same physically, teeth, dogs etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts