Psychobike banner

Fastest street legal street bike in Texas ?

38K views 202 replies 34 participants last post by  kumarreet21 
#1 ·
I was thinking I might have this covered with my red bike http://www.psychobike.com/forums/members/rich-craft-1-albums-ride.html of course I'm probably old-fashioned, but my idea of the street bike it's one with tags, inspection sticker ,and insurance.

Some say I don't have a street bike? but since the Harley race at Crandall a couple of months ago,I have put 1200 miles on my street bike, so I guess my question is are there any fast Street legal street bikes out there?

Ken

#43 ·
Well that's unfortunate, that you would have to do that! you would think your bike Would stand on its own merits! If they can strip 100 pounds off the bike, they want to strip 60 pounds off the rider! I've offered a weight to weight race several times, and got no takers. But if you're looking for that race here for a street legal street bike, You can have it.

Ken

#45 ·
Ken
How much do you weigh? We are going to try to come to Kennondale soon. My bike is as street as it comes. Under pan exhaust,ALL STOCK BODYWORK,stock front forks,stock clutch with clutch mod and shims headlight taillight turn signals and full coverage insurance. I got a 170 pound rider we would try you on.

#46 ·
That sounds like a race! , I like it, One rider is a little over 140, the other is a little over 200, but I have the Weight to make either one of them Fair. I don't know when you plan to make your trip, there is a ProMod race on 3-14-14 The track will be good, And of course the better for you would be the Texas Grudge fast Motorcycle race 4-12-14. Are any time in between Let me know.

Ken

#49 ·
But if its that easy to strip weight of a bike like that why do you have a 140lb jock? Because its cheaper to find a lighter rider. Some people don't have the time nor money to lighten a bike up to grudge standards. Different stroke for different folks I guess.

#50 ·
I don't live in Texas but this stickin some bones on a bike vs riding one yourself , don't go for it ! Just go 19lbs per tenth compare passes. After the #s are compared there you have THE WINNER / RIDER. Little guys on bikes are fine , but fairs fair and thats not a fair , apples for apples race. A lot of the mouth runnin stops when you make a fair race. Don't put yourself in a position you don't belong in. The skinny boys are just that . dosen't make them A RIDER ! I use 19lbs since I know different people use differnt #s. Thats the middle.

#52 ·
A fair race is what I Would like to have! But can't seem to get one, it's a joke between the grudge bike riders around here, that my red bike never races anybody! well the only races I can get or with bikes hundred pounds lighter than mine, and the riders 50 pounds lighter. So my bike seems to do a lot of sitting at the track. I built my bike to be a Fast street bike, and I think it is. So I decided the only way I could get a fair race is to ask for a race for the fastest street legal street bike in Texas. Tags, sticker, and insurance, those are the things that the grudge bike guys won't do! but they all have street bikes just ask them. LOL

The things I couldn't do to my motor to make it street Drivable, hurts me with the grudge bikes. My bike is not that fast around the grudge bikes, But it's a fierce competitor on the street. Just ask the 1700 hp Lamborghini LOL.

Ken

#61 ·
Ken
I think we will have a fair race. Your light guy is 140 my guy is 175 exactly I think. If it were just for a couple hundred or a few hundred bucks I would just go heads up rider to rider, but since there is a "title" on the line I'll let you add 35 pounds to your guy. Should be fun. I think we are both gonna be running that nber that MOST true street bikes never even get close to so it should be pretty close.

#62 ·
BlackMagic, Can i see a picture of your bike, I've posted pictures of mine at the beginning of this thread, My son who normally rides the bike is 205 suited, will probably go with him because he Knows the bike, my 140 pound rider, We are still testing for a good set up. Your rider at 175, is that suited Or unsuited ? And you're right, a Title is worth more than money, If people don't believe that then look at NHRA Pro Stock cars, who spend millions of dollars to win a $50,000 prize.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.