Psychobike banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Well for us, not much good happened, my computer locked up on the first attempt to use it, after that no adjustments could be made. I ended up Cracking the oil pan own the red bike Because I couldn't bring RPMs down without my computer, sorry about that one guys for the cleanup problem. Thanks to Alex for Loaning Matt, his computer to make some adjustments. As usual, I was too busy looking at my own problems to see what actually went on. But what little I did see, Looks like there was some fast bikes there.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Well for us, not much good happened, my computer locked up on the first attempt to use it, after that no adjustments could be made. I ended up Cracking the oil pan own the red bike Because I couldn't bring RPMs down without my computer, sorry about that one guys for the cleanup problem. Thanks to Alex for Loaning Matt, his computer to make some adjustments. As usual, I was too busy looking at my own problems to see what actually went on. But what little I did see, Looks like there was some fast bikes there.

Ken
NO PROBLEM I WILL HELP ANYONE OUT THAT I CAN UP UNTIL WE ARE IN THE WATER BOX......LOL
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPUTER, YOU WERE MORE THEN WELCOME TO USE MY COMPUTER AS WELL.

ALEX HUGHES

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Why not go and run Real Street, with your Real Street bike?
Actually I do run real street! if you had been at killer Saturday night for the show and tail, you would've seen me there on the red bike, which is almost 100 mile round trip for me.

Now, if you're referring to that East Coast race, there's no real street in real street, there is no stock in Pro Stock, really you don't need very much knowledge to win one of those classes. You just need a lot of money, and you can buy the rest, that's why there's only about 10 bike show up for that class and only two or three have a chance to win. If you want to run with John force, you need to spend John force money, If you want to run with your neighbor, that's a little more affordable and just as much fun.

And as far as I know there was nobody there Saturday night that could outrun me. that's what I built my bike for, and it's done a good job :pop2:

Ken

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Wow,is there even going to be a race involving the red zxslowteen at all this year ken?It seems you are making rambling rules to disqualify any potential race candidates.In short terms,that would mean,making the rules to better your race situation.Street drive the damn bikes for 25 miles,starting at which ever is the chosen track. 12-1/2 miles out & 12-1/2 miles back.Turn the bikes off.You would have X-AMOUNT of minutes to restart the bike.D.O.T tires head & taillights,horn,brake light.signal lights are not mandatory.Run what you brung & hope you brung enough .Simple. Put the calculator down Ken & pick the racers courage up & race. Shorttrack .:potstir::potstir::potstir:No problem.:pop2::pop2::pop2:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Wow,is there even going to be a race involving the red zxslowteen at all this year ken?It seems you are making rambling rules to disqualify any potential race candidates.In short terms,that would mean,making the rules to better your race situation.Street drive the damn bikes for 25 miles,starting at which ever is the chosen track. 12-1/2 miles out & 12-1/2 miles back.Turn the bikes off.You would have X-AMOUNT of minutes to restart the bike.D.O.T tires head & taillights,horn,brake light.signal lights are not mandatory.Run what you brung & hope you brung enough .Simple. Put the calculator down Ken & pick the racers courage up & race. Shorttrack .:potstir::potstir::potstir:No problem.:pop2::pop2::pop2:

Hey shorttrack, I was just thinking that your bike would make a good candidate for that, May 24 TGF :pop2:

The reason I asked for street legal rules, is because the Stripped down grudge bikes are not gonna to go to that trouble to get Tags, sticker, insurance. Why should I give up 100 pounds of weight to a stripped-down grudge bike! And you're sure not gonna see them out ride around on the street, I've always said, my ideal of a street bike is, one you actually see out riding around on the street!!! my bike has stock cams, I can ride it anywhere, and did last night, hundred mile round-trip, just happen to run into a 1400 hp Dodge Viper, and a 1400 hp Lamborghini, they said the Lamborghini was the quicker of the two. It went something like this Turbo Hayabusa VS UGR TTG Stage 3 50mph roll - YouTube Eighth mile drag racing is not the only race in town. My bike is doing a great job of what I built it for. Well we be seeing you on the 24th:potstir:

Ken

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I hardly ride my 08' on the streets anymore. Not because it not a street bike but rather the idiots that are too busy paying attention to their smart phones and hitting motorcyclist around here .You would not consider my street 08' busa as a street bike, according to your rules.According to me,it is a street bike.It is 460 lbs,has tags ,sticker and insured.Alot has changed since you last seen it,but it is still a street bike.Relax your rules and I'm sure you will get a race.If not,you will be typing this thread till the earth stops spinning.:potstir::pop2::pop2::2thumbs:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey shorttrack, I was just thinking that your bike would make a good candidate for that, May 24 TGF :pop2:

The reason I asked for street legal rules, is because the Stripped down grudge bikes are not gonna to go to that trouble to get Tags, sticker, insurance. Why should I give up 100 pounds of weight to a stripped-down grudge bike! And you're sure not gonna see them out ride around on the street, I've always said, my ideal of a street bike is, one you actually see out riding around on the street!!! my bike has stock cams, I can ride it anywhere, and did last night, hundred mile round-trip, just happen to run into a 1400 hp Dodge Viper, and a 1400 hp Lamborghini, they said the Lamborghini was the quicker of the two. It went something like this Turbo Hayabusa VS UGR TTG Stage 3 50mph roll - YouTube Eighth mile drag racing is not the only race in town. My bike is doing a great job of what I built it for. Well we be seeing you on the 24th:potstir:

Ken
Ken,I'm not much into running my busa much at the moment.Maybe later down the road.To be getting into a race event where one person sets the criteria of what fits HIS definition of a street bike does not spark my interest.I've seen these racing subjects come up to often & crash & burn from too many,"you have to be this or that is not a true street that,etc,etc".Always the person who wants to get such racing off would cater the rules to his built preference,meaning-fixed to his favor to win.If you want a street bike shoot out,make 2 classes-1 class of NA motored & another class of NOS/forced induction.Using the 25 mile cruise then shut down & restart after X-amount minutes.street tires,head&tail lights,brake lights,tags & insured .Horn & signal lights not needed.You would get many races kicked off.I don't think this is what you want Ken as it would take your ZX out of a possible win slot.Because you choose stock cams & a lower budget build combo,( but a good combo)you are setting rules that would hinder bikes that have good funding in them to compete.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ken I don't think your being unreasonable at all. As soon as my bike is ready ill head your way and we can have a little fun. I don't know what all the discussion is about. A street bike is easy to spot. Head/tail lights,hand clutch,street tire, and able to ride it for a while and restart without jumping. That's a street bike. There are some things I don't worry about one is how much a bike weighs. If someone's bike is lighter than mine that just means he did his job. It's like asking someone How much nitrous they are spraying. I totally agree with you about rider weight though. Within 20-30 lbs I'm ok with that any more than that you gotta do some talking. Unfortunately for me I'm 360 and you just don't see any 350 plus guys out racing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A reminder for our friends and interested people. UPI , Scott Smalley, Is gonna feed ya and have a BIG party, band, dyno shoot outs and 2k bonus for ANY street legal bike that can beat the UPI blown bagger. BIG auction, lots of fun...ALL proceeds go to Cancer Society...
UPI Performance 506 U.S. Highway 250 East
Ashland, Ohio 44805
Phone (419) 282-6400
oops !!! How hard can it be to beat a bagger for 2,000.00

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
UPI makes some fast high dollar HD's.They like too talk some on FB about their bikes taking on Busa's & such from what I read.Ohio might not have a strong street grudge bike scene ,I'm sure if this crew would head to some major PST events or even grudge bike events ,they would be disappointed in their HD's performance against some of the street turbo (rice rockets)or grudge bikes , etc.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I found this video on YouTube, I think my bike would run as good as this one, it looks like he's racing 1400 hp Dodge Viper/1400 hp Lamborghini. Matt Vs Turbos - YouTube This is a six minute long video so fast forward to 2.05 And 5.20 Minutes. I guess some people have other places to race besides eighth mile :pop2:

Ken

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I found this video on YouTube, I think my bike would run as good as this one, it looks like he's racing 1400 hp Dodge Viper/1400 hp Lamborghini. Matt Vs Turbos - YouTube This is a six minute long video so fast forward to 2.05 And 5.20 Minutes. I guess some people have other places to race besides eighth mile :pop2:

Ken
You called that a race?Hmmm,O.K. :s24::hysterical::nuts: :potstir:

161 - 180 of 203 Posts