Psychobike banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 ZX14 monster energy edition I recently put a pre-owned evil arm swingarm on my bike a so-called shop did the work it's no longer in business after a couple of months to go figure but riding the thing at first it wore out a brand new steel sprocket and I changed it to the factory sprocket and wore it out yet but it feels like the back tire wants to pass you it's almost like the back tire is moving from side to side you know I mean like weaving I guess moving and I can't figure it out it don't got the end caps that goes over where the bearings and stuff is it doesn't have those caps I don't think it has one of the spacers I think it has a factory stuff can I call evil arm and get that stuff sent to me what do you think it could be the chain stays tight and it hasn't wore out this other factory sprocket I put back on it but it had the first one it's got to be up there where the swing arm meets the frame at the pivot I think it's what it's called please help figure this problem out

·
Super Moderator
52 Posts
Welcome in. I had trouble reading you post as I couldn’t tell where one sentence ended and another began. But, yes call Evil and ask what spacers, endcaps, etc do they use in their design. It is possible that the shop left out (or lost) some of the critical hardware and that is causing slop at your swingarm pivot. What is your chain tension set at? What kind of wear are you seeing on the rear sprocket? Something is definitely not right as steel sprockets are pretty hard. How’s the chain? If you’re wearing out sprockets then my guess is your chain is damaged too.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not using periods and so forth in my sentences. Well my chain looks to be good it is a EK.zvx3 series which looks good. The aftermarket sprocket that I had put on there that the chain wore out it was still and it just made it so thin and the teeth it was crazy. But I put the factory 41 tooth sprocket on the back and it hasn't wore it out any. But the chain does look good. It is the swing arm it is missing the Caps that goes on the pivot is missing the caps on each end of it. But it looks like it's got the spacer on the front sprocket side and the spacer that's built onto the washer/that slides over the pivot bolt or the pivot bolt slides into it whichever one is screws into the frame on the brake lever side. But I think the tension on the chain is like 11,500. It is the EK zvx3 series chain thank you for your input and I am going to call evil arm and see if I can buy the caps for the pivot and see how that works out in the spacers if they have any for it aftermarket that they use I recommend. I love my bike and I won't take nothing in the world for it I love seeing the comments and the help that comes on this forum they all seem like to be a good good set of friends almost like a family on here but keep doing what you doing and helping and thank you very much look forward to building and speaking on y'all in the future.

·
Super Moderator
52 Posts
. But I think the tension on the chain is like 11,500. It is the EK zvx3 series chain.
Sorry. I should have been more clear. I meant what slack does the bottom run of the chain have if you move it up and down between the front and rear sprockets? It is most likely the missing items that are causing the issue but chain tension is still something to consider after you fix the spacers.

Later, Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts