Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t noticed a lot of chatter about the recent development of ECU editor. IMO, this is one of the biggest things to happen to the Hayabusa. ECU Editor is a FREE software (did I mention FREE) allowing you to unlock and reprogram (flash) the stock 02-07 Hayabusa ECU.

So what does ECU Editor allow you to do with the 32bit Hayabusa ECU?

• Ability to view all sensors data with a laptop connected
• Ability to datalog all factory sensors on the motorcycle with a laptop*
• Ability to change fueling maps (both IAP and TPS maps), ram air compensation
• Ability to change ignition maps (you can add timing in the lower gears like a TRE
does without messing up your gear based fuel curves)
• Increase your factory rev limiter
• Remove the 6th gear speed restriction with the click of a button
• Change ram air compensation based on your gearing
• Compensate for larger fuel injectors
• Compensate for increased fuel pressure
• Increase ignition dwell time
• Disable IAT compensation for dyno testing
• Turn your ECU into an ignition / fuel kill box for use with an air/co2 shifter
• Control a shift light, or any RPM based output using the flapper valve circuit
• Switch-able map selection for NOS, different turbo boost levels, fuel types etc
• Share maps with people across the world and contribute to new exciting features
constantly being introduced and implemented.

*Innovate LogWorks plugin required (it's free too)

So check this out, on my bike not only will I have complete control over fuel and ignition maps but it will also serve as a window switch, TPS, map switcher, data logger, activate my N2O system, eliminate the soft cut limiters and the 6th gear speed restriction. I set the N2O activation parameters as follows: N2O on = Activation switch on (handle bar mounted), TPS >85%, RPM window between 6,200-10,800 and starter button pressed. This is all done with the stock ECU. But it gets even better, at the same time the N2O starts spraying it automatically switches to a secondary fuel and ignition map. A motor map and a spray map with a few degrees of timing pulled that switches on the fly. How cool is that?

I highly encourage you to download the FREE ECU Editor software and have a look. Here are instructions on how to build the interface you’ll need to connect the ecu to a Windows PC. I you're not into DIY electronics than Greg Smith has a plug and play flashing interface built on a printed circuit board. This thing is sick.

Here are some pics of my install

This is the USB flashing device. It has a 3 position switch. When it gets a signal form the PC and the switch is in the center the LED turns red and its ready. Move the switch up, and a second LED turns green and you ready to view dash/sensor data. Flip the switch down, the LED turns blue and you’re in flashing mode.

Here is the harness that connects the ECU to the flashing device above. It can stay on the bike for data logging and trackside flashing. Install took all of about 10 minutes. The 4 wires with the pins (ECU terminals) plug into the ECU connector, the t-tap connector attaches to the dash data wire and remaining terminal goes on the negative battery post.

The brown wire plugs into the connector here

This is the t-tap on the dash data wire and directly to the left is the red, orange and yellow wires I plugged into the ECU connector.

This is a bench flashing harness. With this you can take the ECU off the bike and flash it on the bench.

Here is the plug and play N2O harness. 1 wire plugs into the ECU connector for Map switching, one connector attaches to the flapper valve solenoid, you have a positive and a negative battery connection, a toggle switch and a connector that plugs into the N20 solenoid. That's it!

Here is the ECU flashing harness installed on the bike.
(Notice the little white plug under the hump)

Plug it into the laptop, launch the ECU Editor software and I’m viewing sensor data and ready to flash.

Screenshots of the Software

Tutorial Videos

Basic Fuel / Ignition / Rev Limiter Changes

More Advanced Nitrous Tuning using MS feature, window, wot,etc.

At this time I would like to thank PetriK , our friend from across the pond who has spent countess hours deciphering the code to unlock the full potential of the 32bit Hayabusa ECU, developing the ECU editor program and giving it to all of us for FREE. The late DaveO for all his research and development of the software and Greg (BoostBy) Smith for developing a user friendly interface making it easy to use and install without an EE degree.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yes flashing has been around for a while,and has been developing for a while,we cannot forget about rr,he owns the e,website and was the first one to re-flash a denso ecu,he also offers a programming box,and software for 16 bit ecu's also.It was petrik's love and passion for having a different avenue that was better than pc for tuning his ride.When flashing was not available to the public there was a FEW of us, b-2001 and myself that had a professional version of ecueditor to test the us .bin's and report back to petrik and dave-o with our results.I hope that there will be more to jump on the bandwagon and start flashing.EVERYONE shoul check this out there is alot for options that the higher end tuning options offer.:2thumbs:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes pretty neat. Can do what ever a power commander does.

Even do it on a turbo bike.

Cant wait to it gets figured out for the 08 busa..

Mode A...motor map
Mode B...nitrous map
Mode C...Oh $hit map

:2thumbs:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here's a link to RidgeRacer's ECU Hacking Forum. You might want to peak around over there and see what progress they're making on the 1000's. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: thats where I went and I didnt see anything for an07 1000 but Im pretty sure Kenny Poppel was selling an ecu done by dave o that had extended rev limiter so I was thinking that i would find some info but didnt. Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
220 Posts
To me, this thread is Ranked #1 ass far ass I am sitting here is gobble dis up. I think I can Wheat Stone Bridge DATGAP one bet tear. RR is a God to me. But you giddie up over to double Bull U Dot MustangModding try talk flash or tune????? Sea if they flashed the 02 with an ohm resistor is flash my GPSnip? They do not see it, but Ridge does/an friends do too is build it, day will cum. Soooo, do not blame me Ridge knows the gap and the MustangModders are clueless. I tried to make horsesense them; about Ridge is Run into that stumble. BUTT no, I had to in the rhetorical is the hanging protrusion, Bet.www.eenee.Dare Eyes. WATT was their problem wit dare leggs or their head is eggs act lee; is the 1's to 0'zzzzzzzzzzzzz were they sleeping at the switch = WATT's That Smell? And I gave them so much room to move over if they wanted the [lane or] 101010000111 the 02 side of sea wing things your way isnot my way. It dare no other way is to see Ohm's Law?

1ATMO year azz iz Upppppppppp HoSea! Eye think Eyes have it is juice ta one more tuning box is I wish I knew what I was due wing wit a soldering iron and a wave length. Eye is gonna scoop izz use is up on the bean count I$ gonna, Kelvin Double Bubble Year Pleasure Dub Bull Year Fun.

Yep, it walks the practical in my head is just an idea to know wear. This was, is day best read so far is still far off the beat tin path eye tells ya! :1laugh: :lurk: :pop2: :sorry:

:deadhorse: :2laugh: Dissteer is how to insult dem dumbz "MooseStank LumbO2Duh Bit Tear EM=2!"

YouTube - Mustank Round -Up 3wV

Bunch ah :whatever: is tro fee data website is a low level wipe up da 'hard drive her INN' the you know watt. :champion:

·
Banned
6,090 Posts
were still working on the 1000s, but they are the same ecu as the new busa so when its is broken, the 1000s will follow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
were still working on the 1000s, but they are the same ecu as the new busa so when its is broken, the 1000s will follow.
Who's were? You and RidgeRacer working on preliminary definitions? :hysterical: Lets keep this thread clean and stick to the FACTS

RidgeRacer says step 1 of the Gen 2 Busa's is done. Here is a quote from him on the 08 Busa
RidgeRacer said:
My first reaction is holy crap!!

482 maps. 156 2D and 326 3D.

86 3D Ignition Maps
52 Alpha-n and 52 Speed Density (13 groups of 4 each)

PetriK is already working on ECU Editor v2.0 for the K8. Check out this screenshot :2thumbs:

THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK GUYS :beer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been flashing my ECU for a couple of months now, and have seen some nice gains thus far...

Thanks the work of guys like RidgeRacer, PetriK, and smithabusa, it's simple as can be to get up and running, too. :2thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
I cant say enough thanks to Greg at BoostbySmith for the products I received. I purchased the desktop version interface where I could pull my ECU out of the bike and do it on my PC. Gregs tutorials were concise and I was able to pickup on the information quickly. I am no "computer guru " but this interface was an easy install and the software was a "FREEBIE". Thanks ECU Editor. All the "Perks" hve been mentioned in this thread already. In short fuel mapping, igniton mapping(ability to retard for boost or NOS), Map switching, NOS control, edit limiters, dwell advance. All this on your STOCKER ECU. I added a Dynatek CDI enhancer w/Two step to my Powertrain Mgmt and thats the only extra space needed to found under the tail. With the STOCK ECU and the Dynatek ARCII I am able to run all out and control a 65 shot. Granted I need to do a final tune on the dyno, but I kept my cost way down on this MOD. and enjoyed learning the in's and out's of the ECU Flashing and I am still picking up Freebie information along the way to continue being able to utilize my investment, or even help a brother or two out along the way and bring in some more believers to our fold of keeping our money in our pocket and let the Powercommander fad be for the guys who dont want to try and broaden their knowledge of Reflashing and using what ya got. RonHightRacing:bumping: :bumping: :bumping: :2thumbs:

·
Banned
6,090 Posts
Who's were? You and RidgeRacer working on preliminary definitions? :hysterical: Lets keep this thread clean and stick to the FACTS
actually dip ****, yeah i am working on deciphering which maps are what in the 1000s ECU...theres some FACTS for ya

why da fuk is every one on this site so negative all the time?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the 1000's and the new busa use "the same ecu"? Is that a fact? or is this just more nonsense you decided to spout off about? :whatever:

And thanks for craping on my thread with your childish name calling, much appreciated :beer:

Welcome to IGNORE

1 - 20 of 232 Posts