Psychobike banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drag Racing…better then candy!

Drag racing is a sport that makes a connection with people… a lifelong connection. The link to that adrenaline rush is deeply ingrained at a young age. I am certain that each of you have your own unique story about how your introduction to drag racing began and for most… I would guess it included your parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles to some respect.

So chances are if your reading this, then that means that the thrill you experienced as a youngster still sends chills up your spine when you make that perfect pass! It’s also the same sport that likely helped you stay motivated and out of trouble as a kid.

Personally, I can’t think of a better way to show our kids how to be responsible and stay motivated! Your children may not share the same passion for motorcycle drag racing, but it doesn’t mean that they don’t share the same passion for racing… perhaps for them it’s a different genre (dirt, circuit, flat-track, etc.).

There hasn’t been an event, whether it was a test-n-tune, grudge fest, local or national event, that kids (of all ages) weren’t in attendance. Young people are just as much a part of racing as their parents or relatives are, after all, the youth is our future legends! You know who they are or were, you may have been the kid that begged your mom and dad to buy that racing die-cast (maybe a Karen Stoffer one) just so you could daydream a little more vividly.

Sometimes the kid in the room down the hall, is very likely to become the next super-star on the strip; as if handpicked by some unknown racing god. There are natural born racers at every track and how far they can go really depends on their parents involvement.

More and more kids are making their debut at their local tracks; such as the following young achievers: Joey Gladstone, Gaige Herrera, Katie Sullivan, and LE Tonglet (2010 NHRA Rookie of the Year and PSM Champion). These are examples of people who are in the teen to early twenty age range; each of them started somewhere just like this next young rider, 10 year old, Darrien Garland.

I have had the pleasure over the years to.....

READ FULL STORY>>> Dragbike Live.com-News in the World of Motorcycle Drag Racing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.