Psychobike banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying with the idea of datalogging for a while. I have spent thousands on dyno time, but always think there is some left in a tune once you hit the track, be it altitude or actually having road conditions as opposed to a roller.

Also the PC5 will tune by gear, which also makes sense considering PC3 was one map and averaged for all 5-6 gears. And each gear has different loads and ram air effect.

So the question is what datalogger can read 4 AFR at the same time, by gear, and with a relatively fast sampling rate. Lets forget cost, because dyno time adds up quicker. Not looking for standalone, only because im already computer challenged.lol

And from your experiences what kind of gains have you seen with tuning by gear and at the track?

Hope what im asking makes sense.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Aq1 is a very good logger and has one of the fastest same rates on the market. Small and cheap priced. It's got some cool features. Like g sensor and global track mapping. So lets say your bike loses power 20' out then u could see that at 20' out the g's drop then u could go ok I didn't shift rite there so something's not rite. The only thing I don't like is that it can only log 8 channels outside of its internal stuff. Pretty cool logger tho. I want to say with a harness its like 700$ and if u never played with anything like this its pretty easy to follow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an allmotor bike and finding the last bit of power resorts to attention, and a happy medium across each cylinder is not enough anymore. Plus before I ever go poweradder, I would like to be fluent in datalogging. Tuning each cylinder locating the bungs at the exit of the port insures exact AFR for each cylinder, and no parasitic losses from one fighting the other.

Thanks Turboguy, so the 8 channels are all 5 v input?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts